Friday, August 15, 2014

Adding memory

I woke up about 7:30, having had a dream about trying to collect rainwater but all my containers were cracked. I thought it might be raining for real, but it wasn't. I got up and stood in the early morning sunlight to ground my body clock. I got out a small screwdriver set to take the back cover off of my laptop. But it wouldn't come off. Silly me, I thought that would be the easy part. I used the desktop computer to look up how to remove the cover (in case I had missed something). I got sidetracked with XKCD for awhile. Then I found a video and it did not show anything I hadn't done. So I tried it again and was more forceful. I inserted the memory card, and replaced the cover. I booted up computer. It had a bunch of stuff to do before it ran Windows. Then I checked this and that to confirm that the memory was recognized by the computer, but it wasn't. So I took the panel off again (unplugging the power cord and removing the new battery) and re-inserted the memory card. When it was all back together, I booted it up again and ran CPUID. Now it was registering 8GB. But the graphic score was lower than before when I ran the Windows Experience Index. I ran another diagnostic and did my exercises while it scanned the laptop. It needed to reboot in order to give me the results. While it was off, I vacuumed the fan slots. Said results being that it found nothing wrong. So, after all that, I turned to my e-mail and put on an audio. Then the phone rang and it was my father asking about estate stuff which I did not know the answer to. After talking to him, I juiced cucumbers, carrots and sprouts. I watered the squash and put check in the mail. I made breakfast and ate it, then laid in sun with the laptop playing. It was in the shadow of a chair so it would not get hot. I mowed, and showered, scrubbing my feet really well. I drank lots of water. I put my computer on hibernate to keep the battery from discharging too fast. I drove to my reflexology appointment. I laid on the table for an hour while she kneeded my feet and lower legs. She also did some work on my hands because of the painful finger joint and wrist. Then she did something like Reiki. When I tried to get up, my back was stiff, so she did some energy on my back. Before I left, she gave me a cup of highly filtered water with minerals added. I came home, and finished the second part of breakfast. She had told me to drink a lot of water, so I drank a glass or two. I rinsed the defrosted beef heart, placed it in a pot of water and put it in the oven. I filled two water bottles then sat in my car wrapped in towels with Sudoku to sweat. Afterward I took a shower, then opened the coconut, drank the water and ate the flesh. I laid down for a short rest. Then I checked on my computer battery. The instructions said to discharge it to 2% and then charge it fully. I added a salted duck egg and some frozen onion soup to the heart. Kurt was on Skype, so I texted him. I took a break to mow some more before it got dark. Two neighbors, Pat and Don, came over to the fence to meet me. Then I mowed more, and came in to catch my computer before the battery ran down too much. I figured the heart was done, so I took it out of oven. It smelled good. I could just hear a voice from Hee Haw saying ”Hey Grandpa, What's for supper? Boiled beef heart with salted duck egg and leftover onion soup. Mmmm, Mmmm.” It tasted really good, too. The salted egg and pint of soup were just right to season it. I continued to skype with Kurt and we compared computer system ratings. Then I called William to wish him a happy birthday. Chris skyped me during the conversation. Then William hung up and I talked to Chris for awhile. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
*  This pic is from the Asian market yesterday  *

No comments: