Thursday, August 21, 2014

End of the quilt guild year

     It was after 11 when I finished my blog and went to bed. Some time after that, somebody in the neighborhood decided to turn up their stereo system to full blast. I could not tell where it was coming from. But it went on and on. I was surprised how unkind my thoughts became. I tried sleeping in the guest
room but I could still hear it. I ended up sleeping in the basement. It was not comfortable, but it was quiet.
       From the basement I heard the alarm go off at 8. I crawled into my regular bed to relax, then got up for the day. I checked e-mail. Dad called for help finding a file that Chris put on his computer. We never did find it, but I had a copy which I forwarded. I wrote a note and put a condolence card in mailbox. I saw recyclables in my neighbors driveway, so I grabbed my own and took them out. I watered the vegetable beds. I picked tomatoes and a cucumber. I cleaned up the juicer from yesterday.   
       Susan called, wanting to go to lunch or something so we made a date to meet at the juice bar. I watched a video on Vitamin D and depression while I did my exercises. I juiced, and meditated. I made and ate breakfast. William called to see if I was still alive after being bitten yesterday. 
     After he hung up, I went to the Thursday group. I worked on the blue Linus project while talking to the ladies there. At 2, I packed up to come home, and laid out in sun. I had some lunch, and listened to an audio on women breaking the mold. Then there was an audio on healing herbs. I ordered flax and chia seeds on Amazon. I mowed the back yard, and clipped weeds, particularly poke weed so it won't go to seed and grow more pokeweeds. I took a shower, and rested. 
      Then I collected my stuff, put dates in a bowl, and went to guild meeting. I dropped off two quilt tops and the strips. I put the dates on the dessert table. I submitted a check for renewal of dues. We sat at one of four tables arranged in a square. Food was on each table. After the prayer, we all stood up with our plates and moved to the right, gathering food as we went. When we had made a full circle, we sat down and ate. Pat had made a dish with carrots, apple pie filling, brown sugar and butter. At least 5 people came over to tell her how good it was and to get more. I thought the dish should have been on the dessert table. We crowned Betty as Miss HQH. The theme for the night was the '50's and she wore her mother's blue dress from her 1952 wedding.  After show-n-tell, and some raffles, the outgoing president recognized and thanked the old officers. Then the new president introduced the new officers. I picked up my last set of strips.  The vice-president raffled off ice cream floats made from carnations. I got my dates from the dessert table and stopped at the back to see if I needed to sign the quilt given to the outgoing president.
    
Then I went home to skype Chris. After our little 'chat', I watched a video on EFT for Crohn's, posted to my blog and went to bed.
*  Betty is at the top and the ice cream float decoration is at the bottom.

No comments: