Thursday, August 14, 2014

Two new places to shop

In the middle of the night I remembered that I had left the garage door open, intending to mow once more before dark. But that did not happen, so it never got shut. So I got up in the dark to close the garage door. Then next morning I awoke around 7. I checked e-mail and took out the recyclables. In my need to be efficient and do more than one thing at a time, I put them in the bin but forgot to take it out to the street. Well, there wasn't much this week anyway.
I exercised, and juiced one of my cucumbers and two carrots. I added two cucumber popsicles to it to make the usual amount. Then I cleaned up the juicer. I made up a weeks worth of supplements and started a list for reorder. I watered the squash, then made and ate breakfast. I thought I would be hungrier than I was. At 10:40 I drove to Ruth's Nutrition, a heath food and supplement store. Jennifer wanted me to meet her there at 11. She was so happy to show me the store and to introduce me to the owner. The owner showed us a McDonald's hamburger that she bought 4 years ago. See pic. She also told us that she fasts one day a week, but only for 24 hours (supper to supper). There was a lady there who does reflexology in a back room. Jennifer and I both made appointments. Mine is tomorrow.
Then I followed her car down the street to an Asian store. They had the usual things. What caught my attention was the live seafood and the boiled salt duck eggs. I bought a pkg of 4 eggs, and seaweed, and a young coconut. I was excited to see the coconuts and at a good price. Then we parted ways and went home. I checked e-mail, then laid in the sun for 20 minutes, then mowed some lawn. The bugs flew up as I mowed them down. I trimmed the bush by the mailbox. I was pulling weeds when the postman came by. He was delivering my laptop battery and memory card. I wanted to install them but I could hear a voice saying “no disassemble, no disassemble”. I finished the weeds, and uncovered two tomato plants which were choked with morning glory vines. I peeled and ate one of the duck eggs. It was so salty I could hardly choke it down. So I had to look it up and it is usually eaten with something else, like tomatoes or congee. It is hard to believe that the salt can get to the yolk with the shell still on. I also looked up bitter melon since I saw that at the Asian store. It is supposed to be good for weight loss among other things. I found some moldy food in the fridge and threw it out.
I took the beef heart out of the freezer to defrost. I listened to an audio and nearly fell asleep. I mowed again. I got a call from William. He wanted to see if I brought the drill home and had I used it yet. I trimmed my eyebrows, and heard the skype noise. I talked to Chris for awhile, then put some defrosted onion soup in the toaster oven. I skype-texted Kurt while watching videos on composting until the soup was ready. After I ate the soup, I tried to order a card for Chris, but couldn't get Javascript to run. So I ran some detection software to see if there was malware on my computer. Nope. I decided that would have to wait. I placed a Swansons order because the 15% off offer ends today. Then it was time to go to bed.

No comments: