Sunday, August 24, 2014

Coconut is dangerous

I set the alarm last night and got up this morning a minute before the alarm went off. I shifted the wires behind the desktop computer so I could reach the power strip more easily. Then I turned on the router. I deleted e-mail, and listened to an interview on using wood chips to sequester carbon in the soil. My slip came out of the laundry yesterday with one strap detached. I took it downstairs to tack it back on so I could wear it to church. When I bought the fish yesterday, I had separated it into 4 pieces and frozen 3 of them. I had eaten the fourth. Today I got out the third one and put it in the fridge to thaw. I showered, and made breakfast. I listened to an audio from the Crazy Courage Interview series.
I got dressed and went to church. Pastor talked about God trusting us with the keys to the kingdom. After the service, I talked to Jen Q about praise band, and to the other Jennifer, ordering a magazine from her son. Later I got Pastor to sign something and returned the apron his wife wanted mended. I left before I could get roped into building Pinocchio with the youth group. From there, I went to Publix for groceries, and then home. I ate some cherry tomatoes and laid in the sun. Then I took some niacin and finished the audio from this morning, waiting for the niacin to kick in. I dressed warmly and mowed the side yard. I went to the back to dig up pokeweed. But my back objected so I did not get far. I sat to rest my back, and fell somnolent. I heard rain and went to lay down in bed. When I got up, my back still hurt but it was obvious that laying down wasn't helping. I started an audio on visioneering quantum reality. I ate the piece of fish, and drained a coconut that I bought at the store today. It was a brown one. I pounded it with a hammer until it broke apart. It was not as easy as I remembered seeing in the past. I pried out the white meat with a steak knife. It slipped and cut my thumb. There was a lot of blood but the wound opening was small. I put pressure on it to stop the bleeding and elevated it. I Skyped with Chris for awhile. I continued to listen to the audio. Then I put a bandaid on the puncture. It was tightly wrapped, which I can't say for myself. I called Dad to see how he was doing. I walked around as I talked, hoping that would help my back. Then I tied a bag of frozen peas to my back while I wrote to my blog. It wasn't quite 10, so I decided to update my Facebook photo with one that shows my current skin (which is an improvement over what I had years ago). I cropped the photos so hopefully no one can tell where I was standing when I took them. Then I chose one to upload and the deed was done. The day was done and I was done.

No comments: