Friday, August 8, 2014

Good day for a swim


I woke up in the big bedroom, feeling groggy. But it was after 7:30, so I drank the glass of water and went back to the smaller bedroom that I have been staying in. I put on my dark blue bathing suit and a cover-up. I went walking on the beach, to the north. I passed the pipe and kept going, walking in the surf. After 20 minutes, I turned around and walked back. Cecily was sitting on the beach, reading. I told her the water was really good today and she told me to tell the others when I went in. So I walked back to the house, and showered off the sand in the outdoor shower. Then I went upstairs to tell the rest about how good the ocean was today. At 9:30 I went back out to the beach to swim. James and Becca were in the water so I felt safe. But the waves were less rough than yesterday. After some tapping, I enjoyed even the large frothy ones. When I'd had enough sun, I went in. I took a more thorough shower and put on clean clothes. I swallowed a packet of vitamin C and went upstairs to make breakfast. All the bowls were used, so I washed and dried one. I made breakfast and ate it at the table. Then I went to my room to take my supplements and read e-mail. I moved my laptop into the sun room where I had a table to use. I watched the kids come back from the beach and go to the pool. I scanned my laptop with Malwarebytes to see if it picked up any more suspicious files. I did some Sudoku puzzles while waiting for the software. I read e-mail. I walked with Olivia to Ben Franklin for colored bands. As it turns out, this was not the Ben Franklin I was looking for. So I bought her a kite and for me a long shirt-type coverup to replace the worn out one. Then I looked at laptop batteries online while Olivia got ready to go fly the kite. We walked to the beach, but the sand was so hot that we came back for shoes. When we went back, Olivia had buckets and a shovel. I tired to fly the kite while Olivia worked on sand castle. The really long tail was too heavy for the amount of wind, but taking the tail off did not work either. I filled her bucket from the ocean. Logan came out to help. One of the buckets floated away in the ocean, and we couldn't find it. Bryan and Cindi came out, and went for a short walk. The bucket appeared and Bryan waded in to get it. We all came in and carried all the toys and kite. I changed into my old coverup in outside bathroom because my clothes were wet and sandy. I came in and got clean clothes. I hung the out wet ones. I came in to finish the battery order. Bryan helped me pick one and a memory card too. Once it was ordered, my fan made loud whirring sound for a moment so he looked through SIV options for fan speed. But he couldn't find it. He told me a story about a hacker who compromised someone's system, so I asked if my system was safe. He installed some programs to stop scripts unless I give them permission to run. He warned me that they could make my life more difficult, then he had to go roast garlic for tonight's appetizers. I talked to Al till William said it was supper time. We went up to have appetizers: salsas, roasted garlic, spinach-cheese dip, and various kinds of corn chips. When the pizzas came out of the oven, the kids went over with their plates to get some. The adults got some, too, but I had a leftover chicken leg. We all held hands and I said the prayer. Then we ate. There was banana pudding for dessert. I ate a fig. After supper Cecily cleaned up and we tried to help. The wind had picked up, so I went to the beach with the kite. It took off easily. All I had to do was stand there. Boredom set in swiftly, so I held the kite string while I stood in the surf and watched the waves as the daylight waned. Olivia came out then and I let her hold the string. We talked about things we could tie to the kite (if we had them), like lights, bells, small stuffed animals, a camera etc. I reeled the kite in when it got dark. Olivia ran ahead to join the kids in the pool. I put the kite away and opened my laptop. I wanted to change the useable area of the trackpad and I thought I remembered how Bryan had done it. But I wasn't getting the screen I expected. So I searched the internet. No luck. Cecily went to bed, which was right next door to the sun room. I got an e-mail about someone who could give me a ride home from the airport and I wanted to check with her. So I walked to the other side of the house to make the call, but no one answered. I was expecting Chris to skype, so I moved the laptop to the billiards room so as not to disturb Cecily. But it got cold in there when the AC cycled on. So then I went to my room. I resumed my search and found what I wanted to change the trackpad. As it turns out, there are options on the settings screen that don't show up. Then it was time to post and go to bed. But then Chris skyped, so bedtime was delayed.

No comments: