Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hurray for online opticals

It was almost 8 when I got up because of the pain in my shoulder. I checked e-mail, and watched a video about long-lived people. I put the Netflix movie in the mailbox. I got a call back from the stock company to answer Dad's question, so then I called Dad to give him the info. I noticed roots have finally started growing on the sweet potatoes in water. I opened the Swanson box and took out the supplements. I juiced and meditated, then cleaned up quickly. I closed up the water containers on the way to my car, and went to the Tuesday quilt group. I talked to Joyce about her quilt, and to Jane. I went to the Asian store for kimbap. I looked for young coconuts, but they did not have them. There was a young man learning to run the front desk. I drove home through accident site, but my tires made it through unscathed. I ate kimbap and kimchi for lunch. The kimbap was not as good as usual. I ate while reading e-mail. Then I made breakfast, and ate breakfast, listening to an audio on cravings and what they are telling you. I laid in sun for 20 minutes. I listened another meditation (to catch up on the series). William called about suitcase. I practiced my trombone. I pulled up the site for ordering glasses online. I called the optometrist office for the prescription. They got it ready, and I picked it up on the way to the farmer's mkt. I bought spinach at the hydroponic place. No one had celery. I talked to a cattle man. He said they throw the beef tongues away and I told him I would buy them. He gave me a flyer. I stopped by the bank for cash. Denise called and I did not want to drive while on the phone so I sat in the parking lot until our conversation was over. I came home, and put the spinach in the fridge. I uploaded my photo to Zennioptical site. They needed to know pupillary distance so I called the opt. for the number. I tried on numerous pairs of glasses virtually. I considered options like single lens or bifocals, computer or reading, etc. William called to talk about the inside of the suitcase he'd found at Goodwill. I looked it up online to find pic of what he was talking about. It was not exact but helpful. I went back to ordering glasses. Finally I ordered one for distance and one for reading. The order was less than $25. I ate some heart for supper. Chris Skyped me and we chatted. Then I watched a video on backyard gardening. I went downstairs to cut fabric strips for the exchange on Thursday night. I also pressed a finished charity quilt top and added a row to another one so I can turn them both in on Thursday night. I feel the need to get some of these projects out of my sewing room to make space for the ones I need to finish up next. I went through my box of trims, looking for something that would work for the shoulder straps and front piece for a Pinocchio costume for church. What I found was fuschia. I took a pic of it and sent it to the ladies that asked for it. I doubt it is what they want, but lack of planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part. I got other things to worry about. Then it was time to blog and go to bed.
  *  These are the charity blocks I made yesterday  *

No comments: