Friday, August 22, 2014

One hot day


Before I went to bed last night, I rigged the router to be on a separate power strip so I could just turn the power strip off instead of unplugging the router every night. Then I went to bed and had a blissfully quiet night. I woke up when the alarm sounded at 8. I switched on the strip (and hence the router) and wondered what the black box behind the router was. It was a modem. I got on the internet to find out the difference between the router and modem so I could determine if I should turn off the modem at night as well. The site with the answer had a video and that led to another video about putting two cords together to double internet speed. But it was a joke.
I read e-mail, and watched a foundation training video. I listened to an audio on improving the experience of life while I was exercising and juicing.  I made a lot of juice using up stuff that was past its peak.  I played an audio on changing your life with color while making breakfast and eating. I cleaned up some clutter on the diningroom table, and tried laying out 2 weeks worth of supplements. I am not sure it works any better than doing one week at a time. I laid out in the sun which kept hiding behind clouds, which seemed incongruous with the heat advisory. I used the shady times to water the garden. Dad called, but did not talk long. I mowed and sweated, (and loved it!) I cleaned up and changed my clothes. I went to the Juice Bar to meet Susan. There were no customers there when I got there. Susan arrived on time and we ordered. Then they got busy. I ordered a shot of wheatgrass and something called an Energizer. I did not realize it was only one ounce, yikes!  It must not have been mixed well 'cause the peppermint oil burned the side of my mouth when I drank it.  When she needed to smoke, we sat outside and talked. When she left, so did I. I took a pic of the thermometer reading 100, and wondered why I was not sweating. I ate the rest of the heart, and drank some broth. I took my laptop outside to watch an episode of The Quilt Show. The video portion stopped but the audio kept going. I could not stop it even by closing the window it was running in. I tried disabling the internet connection, but the audio continued. I don't remember now how it got stopped. Then I reloaded it and ran it again. This time it finished early. The only way to get to the end was to load and play it in IE. So I finished show, went inside and did several internet searches: quilts, and massage practitioners. I did some tapping from the book that Jen lent me. I dug out the last dregs of coconut oil from the old 5 gallon bucket and wondered how I was going to open the new bucket. William called to say he got the car cover that I sent for his birthday, but he hadn't used it yet so did not know if it fit. I stacked and ran dishwasher, then practiced my trombone. I tapped more for feeling overwhelmed and needing to fulfill the expectations of others. I checked the laptop to see if Chris was on skype and he was. So we had a quick chat before he went to bed. It was time for me to blog and retire myself.

No comments: