Monday, August 11, 2014

Shopping and Packing

I got up at 7:30 after lying awake for awhile. I picked up the book and started reading where I left off. Cecily left the house to get her nails done. I took a break to exercise. Then I finished the book and took a shower. I made 2 breakfasts and ate one. I packed the remaining food (which wasn't much) into the smallest space possible. Then I ate some kimchi to try to finish that up since I can't take it on the plane. Cecily came home with rotisserie chicken (for supper). They had lunch. I read e-mail, and listened to two audios. Cecily convinced me to go fabric shopping with her. Suyapa called while we were driving to Jo-anns, and I promised to call her back when I got home to Alabama. Cecily and I selected fabrics to go with her curtains for making couch pillows. When we discussed design, she said “That's fine”, and then “But you could also... , and don't drive yourself crazy.” When we got home, we sat on the couch with the fabric pieces and continued discussing design ideas. Then she got up to do something, so I got up to rescue my whirring computer. I shook it until the fan stopped making that sound. Then I did the on-line check-in for my flights tomorrow. The church sent out an e-mail looking for people to make communion bread. I responded to it. I tried to listen to an interview, but it was loading so slowly that I had to stop it periodically to load more so it would not be choppy. Firefox stopped working, or at least became blind. Whatever site I wanted to go to, Firefox could not find it. I restarted it several times to no avail. So when the video interview was over, I ran a security check and then rebooted the computer. That fixed the problem. I listened to another audio, but something went wrong with the page and I lost the ability to pause or stop it. When Cecily called me for supper, I had to leave it running. We ate the herbed chicken, along with asparagus, tomatoes, salad, and sweet potato. I alone at some kimchi, too. I had just finished eating, when the phone rang. My dad called to wish me a good trip home and to say again how much he would like me to stay longer. After the call, I started packing my suitcase. Al and Cecily went to the grocery store for ice cream. I packed all my remaining breakfast items wrapped in clothing and zipped into a satchel. I learned from the flight over to pack my items grouped into plastic bags in case my suitcase falls open. Then they came back from the store and had their dessert. I got on my computer to await Chris on Skype and to check e-mail. We did skype for a bit when he got back to his quarters.  He wants me to contact him when I get back home tomorrow.  I told him I would add his name to the list of people who want to be contacted when I get home.  Then I read e-mail for awhile and posted to my blog.

No comments: