Saturday, August 9, 2014

Last day at the beach

Last night I was horrified to discover that with all the scripts blocked on Firefox, I could not post to my blog. I enabled scrips one after the other but the needed path was not there. I turned to IE. But in order for Blogger to recognize me, I had to sign out of Google, which means I can't check gmail now. But after going to bed and ruminating in the dark, it occurred to me that I hadn't restarted Firefox and maybe that was the problem.
I woke up at 7:17 but stayed in bed tapping until 7:45. I went to the smaller bedroom to get my glass of water and laptop. I booted up my laptop and opened Blogger. It was still not giving me the option I needed. In the end, I had to enable google adsense tracking as well as some of the scripts in the other program. I breathed a sigh of relief. But then I had to get Google back to the original settings before I could check my gmail. It was a pain in the patoot, but it sure did cut down on the annoying ads. I watched a video on organic farming practices in India. I put on my suit and went to the beach. Cecily was already there, sitting in her chair, covered up in towels because of the wind. I got in the water and it was great! There were some big waves, but mostly good ones. I got out when my back was tired. We both went back to the house, while James and Becca were just arriving at the beach. I swam in the pool, then changed into dry clothes and hung the wet stuff on the porch railing. I went up to the kitchen to get some water, and make breakfast. I made two, so tomorrow it will go faster. I forgot why I started thinking of Mom, and then I broke down. Everyone hugged me. Then I went to my room to read e-mail. I thought about bringing my laptop upstairs while reading, but I could not decide whether I wanted to be alone or not. So I stayed there. Later Olivia came to tell me that the wind had risen, so we went to the beach to fly the kite. I got it in the air, but keeping it there required effort. After 20 minutes or so, we came in. I think I must have gone back in the pool with the kids at some point, but I can't remember clearly when that was. I also spent some time in the hot tub. I ate a boiled egg and some kimchi for lunch. I worked on a puzzle with an arrow in each block. The idea was to make a path that followed the arrows that touched each block and ended at the lower right hand corner. I searched the internet for clues on how to do it, but no dice. I was able to figure out a few things on my own and then completed two puzzles and started a third. Then it was supper time. Because this is our last night at the beach, we had leftovers. I had meatballs and pork and sauerkraut, cucumbers, carrots. The kids ate pizza. After supper I rinsed the dishes and Al put most of them in the dishwasher. Then he washed the pots and pans and I dried and put them away. Cecily told us what had to be done to the house before we left: sheets, towels, vacuum, garbage, etc. There were three vacs and one did not work. So Al carried one down to my room. I packed up my stuff so I could sweep the floor. And I swept the room, but there was no dirt in the cup. I tried it in the den and thought it picked up stuff, but still no dirt in the cup. So James brought down the other one. I swept the hall, one master bedroom and started the sun room. I ran over the same black piece of thread 3 times but it would not pick up. Then I checked its cup – no dirt. So, I figured that the filter was full. The instructions on the side said to take it out and rinse it. I missed the small print where it said to let it dry for 24 hours. The others were all down at the pool. The kids were swimming and the adults were standing around talking. Cecily wanted me to join them and relax so my back would be ok for tomorrow. I got my still slightly wet stuff off the porch railing and put them in the dryer. I packed up the kite to give to Becca. And I sat with the others by the pool. When the party broke up, I refilled my water bottle for tomorrow morning. I checked my e-mail and composed my blog post. Chris skyped me before I finished. He is fine and nothing is new. And now it is time for bed.

No comments: