Thursday, December 11, 2014

A little smaller than I expected

I heard the alarm but was tired enough to stay in bed until 9. I was up late checking the old computer to see how it performed on only one memory card. It must be ok since I played three different games with graphics and they all worked well enough, if not perfectly.
It was sunny this morning, so I sat in the sun to read for while. But before the time was up, I heard the recycle truck. So I got dressed quickly and took out the recyclables. But there weren't enough to justify running it out to the road. I swished and checked e-mail. Windows wanted to install 15 updates. In the past I haven't trusted Windows updates, but people smarter than me allow the updates, so I did. That involved restarting my computer which took three tries before it would recognize the mouse. I played my trombone. I exercised and juiced. I took what was left of the pitted dates and filled them with fermented nut mixture. It was sweet enough without any sugar. I also grabbed my satchel of leftovers to cut up. I drove to Stitch-Its. The ladies were lining up for lunch. I placed my dates on the dessert table. Charmaine explained the game she brought and I realized that it was not the same game that we played last year. I got in line for lunch. I noticed that no one brought a sweet potato casserole so maybe I should have. After lunch someone showed off a quilt and I took a pic. Charmaine asked me if I could post it to the group Facebook page and unsuspectingly, I said yes. We played the fat quarter game according to the rules of L,R,C. Since it was not the game from last year, we had to tweak the rules so one person did not end up with all of the fabric. I talked to Leanne. She offered to show me how to drive over the mountain in a manual transmission car. Mary M offered me a ride home from the airport after my Richmond trip. About 2:30 I realized that I was going to run into school traffic, so I raced home. I did run into traffic, but the cop waved me through the intersection so I did not have to stop and risk stalling. I put my leftover dates away (apparently very few people even tried them). More for me. I checked the front porch. There was my new Christmas tree. Umm...? I made breakfast. I woke up the desktop. There was a message that my computer was going to experience problems because I wasn't running genuine Windows. What!?!? Then I plugged my camera into the desktop to upload the photo. But the uploading software did not run. I tried going onto the drive associated with the port. I could open the camera file, but not download the photo. I tried reinstalling the camera software, but something interrupted the installation. I went outside to rake. I dumped several loads of pinestraw on the garden. I thought about how I seldom make promises and now MS was stopping me from keeping one. When I stopped raking because of darkness, I called Datac to ask about my laptop, figuring that Microsoft hadn't had a chance to screw it up. The man was still waiting for the new (third) fan to come in. He said I could revalidate my Windows version without the validation code from the original packaging. So I tried clicking the link in the message. It opened in IE and when I followed the instructions, I downloaded and 'ran' software, but nothing happened. Did it even run? I copypasted the link into Firefox. Following it that way, I ended up with a window telling me “Files that Windows needs to work have been modified, removed, or disabled. To resolve, you need to install genuine Windows.” Since I have a genuine purchased version, I can only assume this is some ploy on MS part to sell more software or 'encourage' users to update to a more recent version. Following up on the photo, I found I was able to drag-drop it into the downloads folder and from there was able to post it to the group page. But by then I had forgotten who to give credit to. I searched for my Abraham Hicks book, but could not find it. I listened to Alison Heath.
At Chris' suggestion, I looked up 'system restore' and restored my system to a 4 day old restore point. The computer rebooted and when it came back online, I got a message “Updates are available”. I laughed. To see if it worked, I tried downloading pics from my camera, and it still would not. Grr. But it was time to go. I put on something warm, and got in my car. I followed the map in my head (courtesy of Googlemaps) to New Hope. Everything was just as I'd seen it online, except that it was after dark. And the sign was different. I was the last one to arrive. There was a leader and two attendees (and me). We talked about all the woo-woo stuff that turns most people into skeptics. The leader presented a lesson from Abraham-Hicks on pivoting and segment intending. The ladies who had listed items on the manifestation board shared that these things had come true. We listed new stuff for next time. After the meeting, the other ladies had to leave. The leader offered to do an angel reading for me. He let me pick out a stone, and it was blue. Then we sat on the couch and he called in one angel and others came forth to offer gifts or spread healing energy. It was amazing. After the session, I thanked him and left. The drive home in the dark did not bother me. When I got home, I checked for Chris, but he had already gone to bed. I cleared the newest mail and indulged myself in a few games of Spider Solitaire. Then I posted to my blog, did some tapping, and went to bed.

No comments: