Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cleaning on Christmas Eve

I finished an interview on EMF and autism before I went to bed last night. I left my phone out in the den so I did not hear it ring in the morning. It was almost 8:30 when I got up. I checked e-mail, then exercised and made breakfast. Kurt was up so I talked to him. Somehow we got to watching videos on space and time. Dad walked to the mall in the rain. When he came back, we took apart the oven door to tighten the handle. We also took off the light panel under the microwave. There were two burnt out bulbs. We examined one with the intent of replacing it. I looked it up online and thought Sears might have it. Dad answered his phone and said the neighbor was coming over in 15 minutes. I wasn't dressed, so I took a quick bath and put on my Christmas Eve outift of red top and black pants. Soon after I finished, Al from across the street arrived. He brought homemade fudge and strawberry bread hot from the oven. We found out that he is a Star Trek Next Generation enthusiast. After he had to leave, Kurt drove the three of us to Subway. I got a veggie salad and asked for avocado but they were out. Kurt decided to take a chance and eat what I ate. He said later he wished he had gotten turkey added to his salad. We stopped at Home Depot for a bulb and gift card. When we got home, we installed the bulb and it worked even though the base was a different metal. I practiced Christmas music on my trombone. Kurt couldn't find his laptop so I helped him. But he was unable to find my glasses. Chris skyped me and we talked for 20 minutes. Then Kurt drove us to church. We talked to a few people before the service. The organist played until the start. There was lots of singing in the service, and I cried during the last one. Hopefully no one could tell. We lit candles and blew them out at the end. I talked to Sandy, who had done some missionary work overseas and a few other people. Most had left by the time we were ready. Kurt drove us home. Patrick came over. He put the grill back on the microwave and we put clean plastic over the touch pad. I scrubbed the microwave inside and out. I also scrubbed the cupboard above it and the stove below it. The word 'scrub' does not do the effort justice. The grease did not want to come off.  But the result was enough of an improvement to be worth it.   Dad felt he needed to eat before he could go to sleep. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
*  I did not take any pictures today so here is one of the ugly Christmas sweatshirt contest last Thursday.  *

No comments: