Monday, December 29, 2014

A "shoe-shopping good" day

I did not think to put the phone in my bedroom before I went to bed. So I did not hear it in the morning. It was about 20 after 8 when I got up. I called Parker but she did not answer. Dad had some mending for me to do so he could put three pajama shirts in the wash. But he wanted to do the sheets first so they would be dry by bedtime. ??? I mended the shirts and exercised and then swished. I took the sheets out of the washer and put them in the dryer. We talked about putting the new towels and washcloths in the space under his sink. But he said it was soapy, so I checked it out. The sink leaks around the stopper lever connection. I pulled the soapy shelf paper out to wash in the tub. We talked about replacing it with a piece of excess kitchen flooring. I made and ate breakfast and checked e-mail. I put a load of his clothes and my clothes in the washer. It did not all go in, but I needed clean clothes to wear. I cut a piece of flooring to fit under the sink. With a tub of water, I washed around floors and baseboards. Then I moved to the other bathroom. I did the dirtiest parts there. Yuck. Then I needed to rest my hands. I found a message on my phone from a referred agent in Pinehurst. I returned his call. Then I e-mailed Chris. When the dryer was done, I got dressed. Dad was already dressed but wanted to drink before we left on errands. He also made file folders for various medical personnel. Then we sorted all his papers into the folders, which we took with us. First I drove us to the Urology Center. Dad gave them the forms and made sure they canceled the appointments. The lady could not (or would not) give him anything in writing to guarantee that the appts were canceled. The receptionist also would not give him the Dr.s phone number, only the number to the office. And no e-mail address either. From there we went to the dentist. I told the receptionist that he wanted to change to the other office and what did we need to do? She said just cancel any appts here and make one there. She canceled the April cleaning and gave us the number to call to reschedule with the other office. Then we went to the big shoestore at the mall. The open-toed shoes were at the back of the store. I could not find any footie things for Dad to use while trying them on. But the first pair fit so it wasn't an issue. Waiting in line, he saw the inserts, so we talked about how they might solve his problem of one leg being shorter than the other. They did not sell heel lifts. Then we went to the shoe repair place to ask about lifts. They said they could nail something to the bottom of his shoe heels. I asked about stretching shoes. They said they could do that in 3 or 4 days. I told them I was leaving on Thursday and they said to bring them in right away. We went home and spent 10 minutes parking. Do you know what it is like to park a car from the passenger seat? Ask Dad. We had to eat something before going back to the mall. Dad wanted to drive. We parked in a low density area by Sears and walked to the other end of the mall. I brought stockings to try on with the shoes and told the man where the tightness was. He gave me a ticket and I paid him and left the shoes. We walked back to Sears and drove home. I let Dad park this time. He ate while I got on the computer to check for recent communications. I skyped with Chris. Then tried to call Denise. I ate half a banana and practiced the trombone. I cleared e-mail. I spent lots of time looking up real estate agent reviews online. He looks great on Zillow but not so good on Neighborhoodcity. She looks good in the three reviews I can find, no reviews on Zillow. Finally I had to call it quits and go to bed.

No comments: