Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I am a closet organizer

Last night I played a game of Tetris. I am getting better at moving the pieces. This morning, I ignored Dad's alarm and went back to sleep. I did the same with mine. But I was up before 9. I wiped Dad's new shoes with alcohol since he wears them with bare feet. I swished while checking e-mail. He called the dentist and they said they'd call back when they received his records. I drank water and took the vit C. I did some tapping for the stress of dealing with rental agents. I exercised and made breakfast. I painted Dad's toenails with fungicide. We discussed William's recompense for various services rendered . I got a call from our church organist wanting to practice before Sunday. So we decided on Saturday at 1. Dad and I discussed driving stick shift. He recalled driving with his mother. Reciting those memories, he seemed to straighten up and use his right arm more expressively. I vacuumed spots that don't normally get swept. I wanted to clean, but my hands still hurt. But I could not resist taking the bathroom rug out to beat it. Then I swept the bathroom floor and washed the baseboards. Since I had the water already, I washed the doors in the den and kitchen. Kevin arrived to do the cooking. I got a call from Denise. I got to tell her all about the agent problem. Dad popped his head in to say he was taking a walk. By then Denise had given me her advice and told me I might as well go walking with him. So I put on my coat to follow him, but he came back to make a pit stop. Parker called me back. I went walking with Dad. It was really cold and I was wearing only a short-sleeved top under my coat. But eventually I did warm up. Parker called again when she got to the house to tell me about the water. She said it wasn't there on the 23rd, and she did not see any movement (no more water coming in). She wondered if the sump pump breaker had been flipped. But the electrical panel was in the back room of the basement. Neither one of us thought she should wade through the water to open the electrical panel. By the time the call was over, so was our walk. Kevin was watching TV, and started the cruciferous juice when we walked in. I sat in the living room enjoying the silence and the Christmas tree lights while tapping. I wrote Kevin a check.  Then I used my tub of water to clean in the utility room. I moved some boxes from the hall closet to the little bedroom closet so I could get all of the extra towels and washcloths in.  I think Parker called again. I got distracted. I washed surfaces in the utility room, and then in the kitchen. I guess that was after Kevin left. Dad was eating, so I ate some too. Dad wanted me to cut the casserole in 16 precisely equal pieces. It wasn't hard with Mom's 12.5 inch square ruler. I brought in the bathroom rug. It was a little damp but seemed to dry quickly. And then I reorganized the hall closet so that the sheets and pillowcases and blankets were more accessible. Dad asked if Chris was going to skype, which reminded me to check. He had, so I responded. Then he had to go to bed. Dad had already gone to bed. So that makes it my turn.
I put hydrogen peroxide on my thumb cut again.  Seems like it just keeps getting reinfected.  I took a pic of the closet, and posted to my blog.

No comments: