Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas concert and party

I slept so well last night that I wanted to sleep some more when the alarm rang. So I did. Then I started my day by waking up the computer (which was sleeping instead of finishing the scan) then sitting in the sun, reading and swishing. I put mail in the mailbox, and then I had to wake the computer up again. I downloaded Malewarebytes but did not want to install and run it before the other scan finished. I had promised myself to stay off the net this morning, but it seemed like I had to be there or the computer would snooze off. I read email, and checked on my firewall. I looked up the error code, and tried to fix it. I could not tell if it was enabled and working or not. I played Christmas music on the stereo while I exercised. I put laundry in the washer, and had to spray the stains on the sewing table to have enough light to see them. I washed the biggest dirty dishes by hand. I realized that one sweet potato was sprouting at one end and rotting at the other. I wondered if they will all be dead when I get back, and if they don't die over Christmas, will they survive my trip to Honduras? And gee, I'd REALLY like a poinsettia, but would it survive both trips coming up? I juiced, and cleaned up. I moved the laundry to the dryer. I made breakfast, and wondered how I was going to get all my special foods on the plane. I stacked the dishwasher. I read more quotes, and checked e-mail. I listened to an audio, and took my supplements. When the dryer finished, I folded laundry and ironed the fabric pieces that were in there. I noted that it would take time to get all the stray threads off of the clothing. After taking a shower, I got dressed and drove to the church. I sat in the parking lot until Jennifer drove up. I got in her car and we went to the choral concert at Latham United Methodist. She found a place to park. The church and lot were crowded. We sat near the front with Cecelia. First the kids choir sang. One girl was from our church. Then the youth choir sang, and finally the adult choir sang. Our organist was in that one. The finale had all three choirs singing and a brass quartet. Marvelous. After the concert, we talked to Cecelia, and then Jennifer took me to a party she'd been at before she picked me up. Only a few people were left, but many church people had come. Jennifer wanted to show me all the Christmas trees and decorations from around the world. They invited me to fill a plate. They had many interesting stories to tell about living in other countries. She showed me her pictures of Saint Barbara and a quilt her granddaughter had made. Jen drove me back to the church and I got home before 7. I changed my clothes, and found my sample kit to show Jennifer tomorrow. I sat at the computer to eat my mushrooms and meatballs (a 'gift' from Barbara). I checked on the security scan. It's description said it would look for infected files and make a report. Well, when I checked on it, it had finished AND it said it had deleted all the files it thought were infected. I was not sure if that was a good idea. I looked for other ways to tune up my computer. Disk cleanup was recommended, so I did that. I ran dishwasher. I looked for updated drivers. One program identified 5 drivers that needed updating, but I had to pay $30 if I wanted the updates. So I looked up how to do it myself using Device Manager. But when I asked DM to update the 5 drivers, it said that I already had the latest versions. Chris indicated that he would be skyping me soon, so I read more quotes and waited a while. I put a new bulb in my lamp. But the lampshade was fitted to the old bulb and would not fit the new one which looks like a curly fry. Then I rebooted my computer. That took so long that I rewired the router into the modem and got out my tablet and called up Skype on it. But that version did not handle group calls well (Michele was on, too), so when the desktop finished its updates, I used it for the rest of the skype call. At midnight we hung up and I posted to my blog and went to bed. 
*  This is a pic of the youth chorale.  I don't have the software on my desktop to crop out the unimportant details.  * 

No comments: