Friday, December 26, 2014

I got more for her money at Payless

Instead of going directly to bed last night, I played one game of Sudoku.
This morning I stayed in bed a little after the alarm. When I got up, Dad was unstacking the dishwasher and asked me to get the pickle label off of one of the plates. I used coconut oil and then mayo to get the label off of the dessert plate. Then I exercised, and got dressed. I washed the towels Faye gave Dad for Christmas along with some of my own laundry. We collected Mom's old meds into a box. I made breakfast, and ate breakfast. I cut a finger on the sharp edge of a coconut milk can. I put the towels in the dryer and pulled out lots of lint. I practiced Dad's trombone. I separated the items for shredding. I cut up the name-address labels, and plastic cards. I shredded papers, and checks, emptying the bin several times. I looked up Reminisce on the web and re-ordered it by phone. I watched more of the health video. Then Faye called. She came over, and picked up me and the box of meds. We went to Walgreens, but their pharmacy would not take the meds, but they sold us a bag for disposing of meds. We shared a bag of toasted coconut shreds. They were too good. She took me to Payless, and bought me one pair. There was another one I liked, but it was slightly scuffed so the saleslady recommended the store at Chesterfield Towncenter. Then we went to A.C. Moore's, and got the kind of yarn for making dishcloths. Then we went to Chesterfield towncenter, and got another pair of shoes. There were a few shoes lying on the floor in the aisle and we tried to find which box they belonged in. There must be an app for that. We enjoyed walking around the mall, and going to HomeStore, where we got small storage cups and a measuring cup. I was hoping for a basket-type coffee filter, but there were none. We went back through Macy's and looked for men's wallets. Faye couldn't find any, so I whispered in her ear that every man in the store had one... She gave me a priceless look. We went home, and Dad was waiting with light on. She went home. I saw that Chris had called. I looked up reuseable coffee filters. I worked with Dad to shut down his computer so he could remove his USB drive. I finished the health video. I looked up Buford road pharmacy but could not find a website. Dad turned on the TV to watch the McLaughlin Report on public television. Then we ate leftovers for supper. While I was eating cheese, Chris skyped me. We talked for awhile, and then he helped me get Dad's computer online. Chris went to bed, but I stayed up to get to Dad's e-mail. We tried the Verizon troubleshoot program, which was completely unhelpful, except that it gave us the option to chat with a live person. I waited in the queue for 5 minutes or more, then texted with the tech whose name was telereddy or something like that. He got a little testy with me for not understanding his directions. Since my name came up as A. Reber, I was tempted to write “Hey, I've been dead for 6 months. What do you expect?” Anyway, he encouraged me to reset the browser. The browser warned me not to do it unless it was unuseable. But the tech said it was safe, and to reboot afterward. So I reset the browser and rebooted, but although Dad could get a prompt for the user ID, there was none for the password. We decided to give it up for the night. I wrote to my blog and went to bed.
*  This is a large TV screen playing a video of ocean waves.  Mall shoppers have to walk in front of it to enter the store.  It was relaxing to stand and watch it.  *

No comments: