Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I learned something new today

I woke up early and could not sleep. I called Parker at almost 7 here, 8 her time. I called again every 10 minutes from bed. At 8 I got up to swish and read e-mail. She had sent a message that her phone was having problems. She promised to call later. I wrote back. I put coffee on the stove. I drybrushed and exercised. I listened to two audios. I finished the detox process early. So I juiced and sat with my HappyLight, listening to Christmas music. Then I packed my gym bag and went to post. I prayed for lots of green lights and I got them. But when I got to gate 10, there was a large tractor trailer that was being made to back up and go to another gate. Traffic was all backed up. After the truck drove away, in trying to start up again, I stalled the car. The guard pointed to the other lane, the one without a green light, so I started going there, and then he seemed to change his mind, so I went through the one with the green light. There was no one there to check my credentials, so I kept going, wondering what went wrong. I drove to the gym where I changed into my bathing suit and got in the sauna with my water bottles and towels. I put sea salt in the water to keep my electrolytes up. I brought a Sudoku book to keep myself occupied, but I needn't have. Other ladies talked to me and we got on the subject of health and getting healthier. The hour went quickly. I wanted to stay longer, but was starting to feel lightheaded, and had finished my salt water, so I got out and took a shower. Then I headed home. I stopped at the computer repair place. My laptop was not ready because the second fan did not work either and he was expecting another one to arrive later today. So I should have it tomorrow. IF the fan arrives, and IF it works. I asked to buy another stick of 512MB for the old computer and he recommended that I try running it with just the first 512. He said something about running 'enum', some process for reinstalling the drivers. The police were there investigating a stolen computer so I left. I looked up how to open the gas tank and then drove to the gas station. I filled Chris' car with gas and went home. I hung up my wet stuff, and made breakfast. I took out the 256MB stick and started up the old computer. I googled 'enum' but did not find what he was talking about. I did find something called Regcure and wasn't sure if I could trust it. I cooked up a package of grassfed beef with a jar of home canned tomatoes in my new fry pan. It was very satisfying. I ate a bowl of it in front of the computer and then ate some more from the pan and put the rest away. I looked up the address of a Meet-up I want to try tomorrow. It is on the other side of the mountain so I plan to take my car even though it will be Thursday which is a day I usually drive only Chris' car. My plan is to pay attention to all the lights to see if I could get stopped heading up a steep hill.
I listened to another audio on positive and negative thinking. Then I remembered that Chris was getting in late, so I went downstairs to work on a scarf. I cut up a bunch of red and white pieces like I do for the rugs. Then I sewed them to the back of a piece of red jersey. I had not finished yet when I looked at the time. I ran up to check for Chris. We talked for awhile and then he went to bed.
*  This quilt is from the guild meeting last month  *

No comments: