Saturday, December 27, 2014

Gorcery shopping

Last night I had to play a few rounds of the Tetris app to get used to it and then I went to bed. I did not have my cell phone in the room so I did not hear the alarm ring. I must have gotten up afterward because it never rang later. There was a shirt laying across the couch in the den so I surmised that Dad wanted it mended. And he did. So I did. He made his breakfast while I juiced 3 cucumbers and some carrots. We both drank most of it. I put the rest in the fridge and cleaned up the juicer. I made and ate most of my breakfast and then we went shopping. We stopped at Office Max for tape refills, then went to Martins. We got all kinds of grocery items and checked the list several times. There is no way I could have followed that list myself. We got stamps at the customer service desk where Dad asked about Product 19. While he was waiting for an answer, I took the groceries out to the car. He met me there and we drove to Fresh Market for watercress, which looked much better than the watercress at Martins. We also got kimchi. When we got home, I parked the car in the precise spot he wanted it. I carried the groceries in while he opened the house and put them away. I finished breakfast and ate some cheese. Chris skyped me. Then Dad and I ate leftovers. I replaced a bulb under the microwave. Faye called to ask about colors for matching dishtowels and potholders. We got a call from Verizon which might have been asking if the connectivity issue from last night was resolved. However, the guy spoke so fast that even playing the message 5 times, we could not make it out. I used two of the many dishcloths Faye gave Dad to make some matching oven towels. Buttons were a problem. I searched high and low knowing my mom had to have a jar of buttons. I finally found a sewing basket in her bedroom with 3 jars of buttons. Mostly, though, they were too small. But there was one which matched one of the worn towels. And two non-matching towels had matching buttons. So, I traded buttons all around and sacrificed two towels to get their crocheted tops to make a nice set of oven towels (made of washcloths). Dad spent all evening doing his Sunday morning checklist. He also slipped in a shirt to mend so he could wear it tomorrow. Fortunately it was an easy fix. I started to practice Dad's trombone. Michele skyped me, and later Chris joined in. The call ended at midnight. Dad was taking his bath. I posted to my blog and put the trombone away. Will I go to bed or play Tetris?

No comments: