Sunday, December 14, 2014

Chrismons on the tree

I went to bed so late last night that I had to sleep past the alarm. I must have gotten up a little past 8:30, surprised it wasn't later. Something unwanted happened overnight and I wondered how long it would last. When I get to heaven, Jesus and I are going to have a chat about menopause. Did his mother have to go through this?
I checked on my sprouting sweet potatoes. The leaves are curling on the one on the left and I don't know why. No signs of rotting. I woke up my computer. I had a harder time waking up the router. I checked e-mail, then made breakfast. I ate with Happylight. Then I showered, dressed in red and green, and went to church. I checked the cross wall to see what the average size was. I turned in the flashlights to the tree for the homeless. I spoke to Mr. Cox and then sat for the service. At one point, the congregation was invited to place a Chrismon on the tree on the left. It was so cute to see one man lift his little girl way up high to place her ornament near the top. After church, I showed Jennifer the sample kit I got in the mail. It sounded like the same one she got. I went home, changed, and went to grocery store. I bought some non-organic produce since the organic did not look good. I came home, put away the refrigerated stuff, and ate lunch. I pulled the last piece of fish out to thaw. I listened to an audio on no-till farming and soil regeneration. I sprinkled cinnamon on the rest of the stuffed dates and ate them. I mowed the sideyard. I put on gloves to pick up pinecones. I covered the rest of the plastic with wallboard to divert rain water from the house. I planted globs of lemon mash around the HVAC system to repel pests. I sat to rest in the sun, then pulled up dead stalks. I came in, washed my hands and played trombone. I read e-mail while eating my fish, and some blueberries. Daylight was waning and I was tired so I took a nap. I got up at 8, and messaged Chris. I read e-mail until he replied, then we skyped. I tried to download a 64-bit flashplayer to replace the 32bit one on my desktop. Not sure why it is a 32bit. Looking at Windows task manager, I have lots of 32 bit processes running on my 64 bit system. Is this a problem? I vacummed the rug in the computer room with the hose. The beater bar just wasn't picking up the threads. Then I sat down to write my blog post. I think I will watch an episode of Lone Gunmen downstairs to listen for mice and to pick threads from the cotton items in the laundry.

No comments: