Friday, December 12, 2014

Scarf

I got up before 8:30. I was swishing while reading in a sunny spot when my phone rang. It was one of Chris' coworkers inviting me to a Christmas lunch at a restaurant in Bridge Street for next Friday. Then I went back to reading in the sun. I cleared e-mail, and answered some that came in since last night. I exercised and listened to an interview on releasing unwanted emotions. It was not EFT however. I reloaded my camera software, and the installation worked this time. I juiced beans, and sweet peppers, and a carrot. I had to throw out the alfalfa sprouts because they went bad too quickly. The sun was still shining, so I went outside to rake in the side yard. I dumped many loads of pinestraw on the apple tree in the back. I put another board on the water diversion structure. The wallboard looks so much better there than the black plastic. Then I made breakfast. I was eating and listening to an audio when I got a call from American Express saying there was a possible identity issue. I did not want to answer all their questions so they entreated me to call back using the number on the back of my card. Then I was put on hold. I put the phone on speaker and went back to listening to the audio. When an agent picked up the call, we sorted it out. Then I called the HVAC people and paid that bill. I talked to Dad to make sure he can take me back to the airport after my trip. He told me that he is still trying to get Mom's obit in the paper. I looked up his local paper but there was nothing about how to submit an obit. So I called and the lady said she would sent me the info in an e-mail. Jennifer invited me to a choral concert at Latham tomorrow. I got a check ready to mail to the Retina Center. Somehow I got started watching Youtube videos: like how to explode a watermelon with rubberbands, how to blow plastic bubbles out of an old CD, and too many other links to mention. I pushed myself away from the computer and finished sewing pieces on the scarf. My computer wanted to install all the updates that were canceled out by the system restore. This time I decided to check each one individually before installing it. In my search, I came across the Microsoft Safety Scanner. I downloaded it and started running it. I started reading quotes on Pinterest. Some were real tear-jerkers. Chris skyped me. I told him about the parts of my day that I thought he would be interested in. I read more quotes. I checked on the scan. After two hours, it has scanned only a small fraction of all the files on my computer and had identified 16 as being infected. I wondered if they really were, or if the scan program just did not recognize them.  I read more quotes.  I decided it was past time to go to bed.  The scan was still running and would probably run all night.  I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: