Thursday, December 18, 2014

Our Christmas program

Last night I listened to an audio while I laid in bed trying to sleep, but it went long and I was glad when it was over. I got up at 8 with the alarm. I boiled water to wash the Drano out in the bathroom sink. I swished while reading about how to pop your ears on a plane. It is often a problem for me and sometimes really bad for days. I came across a product called earplanes. They are a type of ear plug that equalizes pressure. I took out the recyclables. I searched where to get earplanes locally, and it could be a common item at drugstores. There is no time for shipping before Sunday. I exercised, and listened to audios. I juiced, made breakfast. I called the computer place, and my laptop was ready. I went immediately to pick it up. The sound was working. I asked for another 512MB stick, but he was all out. I paid for the laptop and previous sticks of memory. We talked for a while. He's a nice guy, but I still haven't caught his name. When I got home, I took my supplements, then made blog notes on the desktop. I reconfigured the internet to enable the wi-fi. It was time for lunch. Then I cleaned in the kitchen, and started making up supplements for the trip. Parker called: Mr. Shore hasn't returned the keys so she can't check on handyman's work, but she should have the keys back tomorrow and will check again. I went back to the supplements. Then I parsed out 11 days worth of nuts. Some of them went into the supplement bottles for better use of space. The rest went into a baggie. Some nutritional powders were put into small jars for the trip. I called Walter to arrange to meet after the meeting tonight. I tweezed my eyebrows and scrubbed my face to get rid of wrinkles. I tried to compose an answer to an e-mail. I kept getting distracted because it was too hard to think. I listened to a short audio by Dain Heer. Then it was time to go. But first I had to find my name tag, and then put on a Christmas sweatshirt. I threw on my scrap scarf to go with it. I took the bag with Walter's hemmed pants, and headed to the guild meeting. A number of the usual activities were canceled for the night. The meeting was short. A lady spoke about making things for Linus that were not quilted. Most were knitted or crocheted. One lady talked about crocheting plastic bags to make mats for the homeless. We had show-n-tell (my favorite part). Lisa was there, for the first time I think. She and I got to talk. She was interested in the new group I had joined. I promised to send her the link. Each member had been given a paper bag and told not to open it. When it was time, we each got a pencil, Hershey kisses, a candy cane, and a felt cutout and some embroidery thread and a needle. Oh, and a raffle ticket. I did not win, but my phone rang. I always have the volume turned up so I can hear it anywhere in the house. Well, the whole group could hear it and I rifled through my purse trying to find it. When I saw that it was my dad, I ran outside to answer it. He wanted to know what he could buy at the grocery store for me. I told him the list was at home. Then I went back and worked on the ornament. But it seemed everyone else was packing up. Walter did not show up. I hung around for awhile, but finally went home to call Dad. I also called Walter and set up another time for tomorrow. Then Chris was on skype so we talked for a bit. Then I rested and got a new idea about how to compose the answer to the e-mail. When that was done, and a few more answered as well, it was time to blog and go to bed. 
*  This is our raffle quilt for the quilt show this year  * 

No comments: