Monday, December 15, 2014

My plate is full

I laid in bed a little while past the alarm. I got up to address an issue from yesterday. I sat in the sun and read. I practiced my trombone. I put on an audio and exercised. I checked e-mail. I started juicing and realized that it was trash day. So I quickly got dressed and collected the garbage and took it out to the street. On the way back I closed the garage door. Then I juiced the sprouts and a pepper and some carrots. Then I sat with my HappyLight. I packed a little bit of lunch and a bottle of water. Then the phone rang. Denise wanted to know if I still wanted used cat litter. We talked for some time. Then I took a shower, put my sewing stuff in the car, and drove to quilting. The ladies were finishing up lunch which was leftovers from a church supper. I ate some of the veggie tray. Walter brought two new pairs of pants for me to hem. He said to do them at my convenience, but Maryann encouraged me to have them done before I went away for Christmas. (Obviously I have nothing to do this week.) I set up my sewing machine in the back and worked on the Linus quilt triangle blocks. Many of the trapezoid segments did not fit and I didn't know if it was in the cutting or the sewing. I think I made 30 blocks. About 4:30 I packed up to go home. When I got home, I checked the mail box and found some Christmas cards. There were also some bills. One credit card bill had an interest charge. I called to check, and we paid $3 less than the full bill (my eyesight or poor typing) and so they charged us interest on the average daily amount for the month, which was more than $3. I wanted to cancel the card then and there, but decided to check with Chris first. I ate the rest of the fish for supper, and part of the veggie platter that Dinah asked me to take home. I checked e-mail and finished the interview on surviving a total system collapse. My desktop got really slow so I rebooted it. Then Chris was on skype. We tried to make plane reservations for me to Honduras. There is only one flight per day to Tegu and I would have to take either the 5:30am or 7am flight to Atlanta to catch it. I really did not want to get up that early in the cold and the dark to catch a taxi to the airport. When I heard the rain, I ran out with my collection tubs to catch it. Then I obsessed some more over flights and possibly staying overnight at an airport hotel either in Huntsville or Atlanta. Finally we hung up. I thought he went to bed. I had an emotional breakdown. I decided to make a list of everything that had to be done this week. It was a long list. But I did feel better having it on paper. It was too late to do anything on the list, so I posted to my blog and went to bed. 
*  I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from the KK3 program.  * 

No comments: