Saturday, December 20, 2014

Packing and packaging

Last night after posting to my blog, I turned off the router and put the newly washed sheet and blanket on my bed. I went to sleep.
I woke up not knowing what time it was and wondering if I had missed the alarm again. But no. I got on my laptop and Chris was waiting for me on Skype. I replied by text, then went to the bathroom to finish brushing my teeth. That is when he called. I moved the laptop to a sunny window so I could soak up some daylight. We had a good chat until it was time for his workout. Then I cleared some e-mail. Cecily had sent me an e-card which reminded me of the advent calendar on the desktop. I watched today's animation, wondering if I can get it on my laptop over the holidays. I practiced my trombone and placed the mouthpiece near the suitcase. I did my exercises. I juiced the aloe, remaining broccoli, cucumber and some carrots. I cleaned up and tried to meditate with Christmas music, and set a positive intention for tomorrow. I read e-mail. I made two breakfasts, and ate one while reading e-mail. I watched Smarter in Seven Minutes. I signed in to the Delta website and printed out boarding passes. I put the sprouted sweet potatoes in a large bowl of water in the garage. I raked leaves and cones under the magnolia tree. I brought in the rain collection tubs and folded laundry. I downloaded a pdf of all Delta flights. It looks like all their flights out of HSV go to Atlanta. Is that possible? I called Dad to find out what his indoor temp was so I could pack accordingly. I looked up local places to buy Earplanes. I drove to Bed Bath n Beyond. They did not have them in stock. Neither did Target a few doors down. But Walgreens on the corner had one package left. Since they are single-use, I will have to find another pair in Richmond for the return trip (assuming they work as advertised). Then I got out my packing list. I reviewed everything on it because it is a little outdated and tries to cover all seasons. I laid out outfits and took a pic for next time. I had to choose one coat and scarf, not knowing what the weather will be for the next 11 days. I bagged the clothing in clear plastic bags. I packed the solid foods in a box which fit in my carryon. I bubble-wrapped and double-wrapped the liquids and put them in the suitcase. I took pics of my suitcase so I wouldn't forget what it looks like when it comes through the baggage claim.  I chose a different purse and took only what was necessary out of mine.  On and on it went. Finally I thought I was done. I watched an episode of Lone Gunmen. Then I remembered my ipod and headphones. But I could not find it anywhere. My ankle started bothering me so I put on heeled shoes, not knowing why it hurt and hoping it would resolve itself by morning. I weighed the suitcase and it was about 40 pounds. I loaded the dishwasher and ran it. I played an audio on the laptop. Michele skyped me for awhile, and I got to talk to Chris, but not for long because it was LATE and I had to get up early in the morning.
*  This is Lisa's cool stack-n-whack  *

No comments: