Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What I hope to see in Honduras

Last night I went to bed without playing any games. In the morning, I did not hear Dad's alarm or mine, but when I got out the to the den, it was 8:02, so I had just missed it. I called my phone so I could find it. There was no mending on my pile today. I looked for the tub no-slip strips to do Dad's tub, but could not find them. I swished, exercised and checked e-mail. I read Dad the annual letter draft that I had written. He made changes, and then I put it on his thumb drive. I was about to make breakfast when I spotted the strips. I read the instructions, then rinsed the tub, dried it and cleaned it with alcohol. I peeled the strips and placed them, hoping Dad would not find imperfections in the placement. Dad was editing the annual letter when I finished. I made two breakfasts, one for today and one for tomorrow, so I could pack up all the ingredients. Some things I left behind for my next visit. I drank a large glass of cruciferous juice and ate breakfast, then I took my supplements. Dad brought me a copy of the annual letter to read. Then I practiced his trombone for the last time and put it away. William stopped by for lunch and he and Dad settled accounts. I wrote a note to Parker. I checked in with Delta on line and put the ticket image on a thumbdrive to print using Dad's desktop and printer. I looked up on Google maps how to get to the airport. I helped Dad with printing the annual letter (the font on the screen was not the one that printed out). I started the second half of a project Mom started. It involved making 45 or so large stitches with black darning thread. I found a size 7 hook to do the crochet part. The moving company called to say they would deliver the Pinehurst stuff to Huntsville on the 2nd. I gave up on the agent calling, and took a bath. I called Parker and she said she didn't know anything yet but would call when she did. I wrote her a check as I promised Chris. I cut apart name labels from Dad's christmas card list. I folded the printed letters, and stuffed them in envelops. I even put stamps on. Dad signed them and we were ready to go to the mall. Parker called, so I jotted notes to Chris and sent them. We went to the mall to pick up my shoes. Even with the ticket, he couldn't find them. When I mentioned they were to be stretched, he found them on the stretcher unit. They were not right, so he gave me my money back. I asked if he were able to fix instrument cases, and he said yes. We came home. I saw Chris was on skype so we chatted. He told me some of the things we could do when I get there. I broke open the coconut we got at Martins and it was rotten. I have never seen a rotten one before. Patrick came over to chat and look around. Dad needed return address labels for the letters. Patrick helped me look for them. I found some of Mom's labels. I apologized to Patrick and started packing. When Patrick left, I searched and found more labels with Dad's name on them. I packed and wrapped, arranged and rearranged clothes, shoes and supplements. When the suitcase was packed, it would not shut, so I repacked it. Then I couldn't lift it. So I switched some heavier non-liquid items to the carry-on. With the suitcase shut, I latched it and strapped it, then moved it off the bed. I closed my carry-on, leaving room for my purse (hopefully). Then it was time to blog and go to bed. 
*  Honduran pointsettia  *

No comments: