Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Possible project for next year

I was having some odd dreams. I got up before the alarm. The computer had shut down and I had trouble getting it back on to see if there was any word from Parker. No. I called her, but there was no answer. I sat with my HappyLight, swishing and writing Christmas cards and listening to an audio on dirty electricity. I packaged a pecan pie for Michele. Apparently there is a shortage of pecan pies in Korea, or at least her apartment. I filled out the paperwork, and put the cards in the mail. I drove to post to mail the pie. A lady commented on my red scrap scarf. Then I went to quilting. Susan had made cute little Christmas bags for everyone. The one I got had hand soap, notepaper, and a star in it. Quilts were arranged on a table to everyone to see. I put mine up as well. I finally got a pic of the block Jane has picked out for next year's project. She did not have the instructions for me, but I won't have time before Christmas to start on it anyway. Beverly said she would consider taking me to the airport at 4 in the morning if I needed a ride. We lined up for lunch. I hadn't brought anything, but there was plenty of food and I was strongly encouraged to stay and eat. I got a couple pieces of broccoli, a strip of pepper, and some green beans. I chatted with the two Beverlys. Then I wished everyone Merry Christmas and left. I went to the Asian store for kimbap. I gave the proprieter the bag with the hand soap in it. She was touched and gave me a calendar. Then I stopped at the computer store. The fan had come in, but wasn't installed yet. He was working on something else. Grr! I went home to eat the kimbap and read e-mail. I contributed money to a crowdfunded solar powered water desalination machine. I installed Adblock to get rid of annoying moving ads and that bouncing newsfeed number. And it worked beautifully! I brought in the mail. There was a Christmas card to the landlord. So I called our agent and she gave me the landlord's address so I could forward it. While listening to an audio on the effects of EMF on pregnant women, I scanned my trombone music and printed out another copy. When the audio was over, I went outside to rake leaves and pinestraw. Then I practiced my trombone. I washed and oiled sweet potatoes and put them in the oven. Then I made breakfast. After eating, I hemmed the dress pair of pants for Walter. It took an hour. I had some time left, so I started on the jeans. But I cut too soon and royally messed them up. I tried to fix it several ways, but all I accomplished was to fray the edges. I pinned the last option and gave it up for the night. I came up to eat the sweet potato skins. Chris was on skype so we talked for an hour. I took a break to mash melted butter into the potatoes. I was annoyed to see that the red bouncing number was back.  But at least the ads were still gone.  After our call, I read e-mail, and played with the tablet. I played 2048, and other apps that I didn't recognize. How did they get there? I put away the potatoes, and then downloaded today's pics from my camera. I wrote to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: