Thursday, December 4, 2014

Back to basics

Having stayed up so late playing with balls and bombs, I stayed in bed late, too. I got up with the alarm, retrieved the phone, and went back to bed. Parker did not call, which should not have surprised me. When I got up, it was 9. I put the recyclables in plastic bags. I was surprised to see how quickly I was running out of grocery sacks now that I am using the reusable ones. I took the bin out to the street. I watched an audio while exercising. When I was ready to juice, I noticed the ants at the kitchen sink: still coming back for more ant bait. They love the stuff. I pulled out the bottle and shook it up good. Then I saw that it had borax in it. Well, maybe it needed a little more. So I reached down to grab the box of Borax and my back spasmed. At first I could not move. The motion of shifting my weight to one foot so I could step with the other gave me warning pain. But I figured out if I put my arms behind me and held onto my lower back, I could walk slowly. I went to the bathroom and took the rolling walker with me so I could get back up. I decided it was too risky to go to quilting. Sitting down only made my lower back stiff, so I went outside to rake. As my back loosened a little, I was able to dig a potato and cover the flower beds with leaves. I came in to fold laundry and check e-mail. Bob and Darren came by to replace bathroom ceiling. I cleaned up in the den and checked e-mail, and had a bite to eat. After they left, I went down to try my embroidery card with the new design in my old embroidery machine. It showed all the signs of recognition. But I wanted it bigger. I emptied the vacuum bag. Darren came back to caulk. I booted up the old computer and got fatal exception errors, so I looked them up and the 'fix' was to rename the soundblaster file. I did not see how that could be a good idea. I played a CD and listened via headphones. I could hear it so figured the sound card driver must be working. No speakers were hooked up, so I couldn't try them. Darren finished and he left. I went down to turn the lights off, again. I used the Kirby to clean dustbunnies in my sewing room and the TV area. I brought up ornaments and hung them on my branch-bare tree. I putt on Christmas music. I e-mailed Chris what came in the postal mail. I did an antenna and cell tower search, and found that the nearest ones are over .5 but less than one mile from here. I washed all the sweet potatoes, and coated them in coconut oil, and put them in the oven. I went back to the old computer but got so many fatal exception errors that even cntl-alt-dlt wouldn't work. I had to turn the power off. I read more about it on the other computer. l did some tapping, Checked on the sweet potatoes after an hour and added another 30 minutes to the time. I removed the memory sticks and used a hairdryer to blow dust out before replacing them. I resized the embroidery design, but I messed it up and couldn't get the original file back so I had to go back to the copy on the flashdrive. I called the handyman to ask about the wall paint on the crown moldings. He said it looked better than the shiny white against the ceiling. Chris skyped me and we talked until 9. I took a break to take the sweet potatoes out of the oven. Then after our call, I resumed enlarging the embroidery design and checking to see that it was saved properly. Then I posted to my blog in anticipation of going to bed – or playing the game again.

No comments: