Monday, December 8, 2014

Finally has her head on straight

I heard the alarm go off but stayed in bed for maybe half an hour. I thought a little brightness was needed, so I read by the HappyLight. While I was reading, I noticed a white vehicle enter our driveway. So I rushed to the bedroom window for a better look. There was a postal emblem on the side of a white wagon. So I figured it must be delivering my new tree. I dressed quickly and opened the front door. The man was coming up the steps with two packages. I accepted them, thanked him, and he left. One package was the wind-up flashlights. One of them is solar powered too. How cool is that? The other was a wrapped gift from my mother-in-law. I took it out of the priority mail box but did not unwrap it. It could be fabric! I finished my HappyLight session and checked e-mail. I exercised. I looked for a serving dish to put the sweet potato casserole in. I could not remember having one. Odd. I remembered my m-i-l serving in her china bowls, so I went looking for mine. Then I worried about dropping it. Oven-type casserole dishes popped into my head so I got one of those out. Seemed appropriate then to stick it in the oven to warm up. I put it in at 250 while I juiced cranberrries, zucchini, carrots, and sweet peppers. The peppers were not organic, but there weren't any organic ones, and I get tired of juicing the same veggies every week.
When the casserole was hot, I wrapped it in a very large towel and carried it with potholders to Chris' car. My sewing stuff was already in there, so I was ready to go. But I went back for neutral fabrics to cut more strips from. I arrived at the church before noon. Doris invited me to choose a gift from the basket she carried. It felt like two cookies, but turned out to be a really cool tin of pins. I went back to the car for my sewing stuff. We all sat down for our potluck lunch. My casserole seemed to go over well. Barbara's husband stopped by for a bit, too. He was looking for someone to hem pants. Dinah brought Michele's doll back after looking for a new head, but there wasn't one, so she reglued the pieces of the head and did a much better repair job than I had done. I gave her what she asked for but thought she deserved more. I sewed strips on onto the base triangles. Mirna stopped by to chat. I cut more strips for triangles from the fabric I went back for. It was dark when we packed up to go home. I made three trips to the car to be sure I didn't drop anything: the casserole, the doll, the sewing stuff. When I got home, I brought in the mail and made breakfast. I sorted the mail and marked the bills. I ate breakfast while reading e-mail. A box arrived: the lantern battery.
Chris skyped me while I was trying to figure out one of the ball puzzles. He asked how I felt about him coming home in March/April to drive me up to Washington to see our daughter when she arrives in the states. I looked for pictures of the cross wall at church to see if people were putting their names on the ones they donated. But I couldn't find one, so they must be on my laptop, which is still in the shop. I remembered that I needed fat quarters for the game on Thursday. So I cut 2 and then recalled that there were a bunch left over from last year. I got those out and made a pile. I tried suspending the 2” PVC poles on ½ “ poles, thinking the larger ones would rotate freely on the smaller ones, but they didn't. Back to the drawing board. I cleared most of the items from the rug in the computer room, then tugged the rug forward and to the left so my chair wheels won't catch the corner so often. Then I got out my trombone and played the piece Mary gave me on Sunday. It went well, but I need to practice for endurance. That will be tricky while I am visiting my dad. By then it was after 10, so I posted to my blog, tried really hard to ignore the ball puzzle, and went to bed.

No comments: