Saturday, December 6, 2014

Busy day

Last night I looked for dump fees online and could not find any. I also looked up Freecycle for the handyman so he won't have to haul the big items. I was just getting a drink of water before going to bed, but then saw the dish of sweet potatoes. I hadn't eaten supper, so I peeled them, ate the skins and mashed them with nuts and cranberries and butter. Then went to bed.
I heard the phone ring from far away. It wasn't far away but my door shut during the night. However it had stopped ringing by the time I got to it and Parker was leaving a message. She apologized for calling so early, but I did not know the time so it didn't matter. By the time we hung up it was 8:30. She told me that it appeared that Ralph was not supervising his men and that one man was painting crown moldings and the other one wasn't. The carpet people are coming out Monday to measure, and she will inspect the HVAC work and then give me the go-ahead to pay them. After the call, I went outside to look in the trashcan to see if Bob left the old ceiling there. But instead, I found the old ceiling, the extra pieces of new ceiling, and a two by four leaning up against the garage. I wondered if they were coming back for it or if I could throw away the old stuff and make something out of the new. I rubbed magnesium oil on my feet, and lower back. I swished, and read with the Happy Light. I exercised, and checked e-mail. I looked for a box to wrap the angel gift. I started processing the rainwater through the coffee maker. I watched a short video of John Flynn speaking humorously about his quilt frame system. I looked it up on Amazon and read the reviews, then I went looking for a video of the frame being used since the reviews were mixed. I put more water through the coffee maker. I juiced arugula and mung bean sprouts. I refilled the coffee maker again. I cleaned up the juicer and finished the last of the rainwater. I listened to a meditation audio and watched the Jackie Lawson animation for day 5. Actually it involved decorating several ornaments which then become part of the advent calendar. I cleaned up in the garage, sweeping out dirt out, piling up empty boxes, putting away the tent and poles, and stakes. I found a working outlet in the basement bathroom.  But it only works when the shower light is on.  It was loose so I took it apart and tightened the screws.  Then the lamp I plugged it did not work.  So I called Bob and reported that it needed fixing but should be an easy fix.  I got out an extension cord to power the air purifier when I placed it in the bathroom.  I went back to the garage. I rolled up one sleeping bag and thought about repairing the bad batting in the other one.  Just as I closed the garage door, the doorbell rang. It was my neighbor and his son asking if I wanted a cat or two that had been abandoned. Ha, ha. He thought I might want the company, but I did not want the responsibility. I ate a piece of frozen fish and watched my DVD “The Butterfly Effect”. It was quite a movie. But I watched the director's cut and the take-away from the ending was very depressing. I wanted to watch the theatrical version, but it was not on the Netflix DVD. So I looked it up on the internet. I read lots of reviews looking for the other ending. Several of them mentioned another movie called Donnie Darko. So I went looking for a link to watch that. Chris skyped me and we talked for awhile. I downloaded updates to my Flash player. Then I found a working link to watch the movie. I couldn't not believe what a waste of time it was. Butterfly Effect was much better and more to the point. Before I could finish it, it was past time to post to my blog and go to bed.

No comments: