Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Adding activities to my week

I woke up before 7 but tried to go back to sleep. That did not work. My mind was playing depressing thoughts. I did some palming to help my eyes and then heard the alarm. So I got up to swish and water the plants. I exercised and listened to audios. I juiced, meditated and made breakfast. I listened to a TED talk on bacteria. The man said our bodies are like ponds, made of water and bacteria. There is a bacteria that only grows in soil and when we come into contact with it, it stimulates the production of serotonin. He said bacteria feed on iron which is why bloodletting was so popular years ago for bacterial infections. I gathered my blue and white project to go to quilting. I realized I had forgotten to take my supplements so I got a glass of water for that. I had to water the plant right outside the back door and then I was gone. I drove Chris’ car to quilting. The turn-out was very low and no one seemed to know why. I wrote Bertha a check for the quilt retreat next month. She wondered what I would eat while there. I said I would bring my breakfast. I worked on my quilt top, piecing the borders. Sheryl stopped by to ask me to help her clean house. We had a hard time finding matching blocks of time in our schedule. But we settled on tomorrow afternoon after the farmer’s market. Then it was just Carolyn and I. But before we finished, MaryAnn came by. She agreed to water my plants while I attended retreat. We all left together. I was home soon after 4. I got the mail and sent Chris an e-mail detailing what he needed to know. I discovered that I hadn’t taken my supplements after all. I ate a duck egg and kimchi, and then some goat cheese. I deleted some e-mail. I put on my suit and sat in the sun to do the last two Sudoku puzzles in one book. I recycled the book. Chris skyped me for a short while before he had to go to work. I was listening to an audio when Jennifer called. She wants to meet me at the farmer’s market tomorrow to give me some overgrown cucumbers. Gee, I might not need to shop if she gives me enough to juice for the rest of the week! Except that Sheryl wants a large slicer tomato. And I need to ask the hydroponic guy if we can visit his farm on Thursday. I cleaned up a little in the kitchen. Then I transcribed jotted notes from little papers near my laptop to a notebook. I watched an episode of X-Files. Then I looked up how to use whey since I had so much left over. One use is to make bread, and I was very tempted to do that, except that I don’t eat bread anymore. But it sounded like a great idea. I guess I got so engrossed that when I decided to stop and go to bed, I forgot to post to my blog.
* In the foreground is the largest cucumber plant. In back and slightly to the right, is a clump of wild lettuce plants. *

No comments: