Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My number one fan

Chris got up before 8 to participate in a group call. I heard him shut my alarm off at 8. I got up to start the day. It was detox day. Abstaining from e-mail, I went through the process as quickly as possible. Then Bob showed up to work on the kitchen sink, which delayed the last part. I enjoyed talking to him as he removed parts of the plumbing to snake the drain. He thought he got whatever it was. But when he reassembled it, it still did not drain. He needed a large nut and I had one, but then he discovered that a second one was cracked too. And it needed snaking from the roof. So he called Roto Rooter. I let him know that we were moving. He left. I finished my detox and filled water bottles and packed my spa bag. I would have juiced but the sink was not useable. As I was going to the car, I noticed that the sun was out. So I laid in the grass for awhile and started sweating. I decided I could sweat just as easily at home as at the sauna and mow the lawn at the same time. So I rubbed coconut oil in my hard and mowed in the back and then in the front. But the sweat was not as good. Just as I was finishing up by the road, Chris brought out my phone. Roto Rooter had called but not gotten me so they went to the next person on the list. However they put me next. I mowed until the mower showed signs of slowing down. Then I came in and took a shower. I could not get all the coconut oil out of my hair. But it sure was nice and silky. Chris was packing up boxes of books to donate. Then the tech showed up. He snaked from the roof but needed to go get the nut/collar part. I made and ate breakfast, checking e-mail. My computer fan arrived in the mail and Chris installed it. I ate some of the corned beef brisket that Chris had in the slow cooker all day. I listened to an interview. The plumber was back in the kitchen, and now with an assistant. They finished the job and left. Chris emptied the bucket under the sink and turned on the dishwasher. One man came back with a form for me to sign. I washed some blueberries and ate them with chocolate. I checked e-mail on my laptop which was doing just fine thanks to Chris. Then we went downstairs to watch “The Desolation of Smaug”. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog ( and finished today’s Sudoku puzzle and the one for tomorrow.)
* This is Lauri's quilt *

No comments: