Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Doesn't add up

I woke up in a sweat, but that subsided when the AC finally kicked in. Then I was cold. I got up a little before 8. I swished, exercised and soaked the sprouts. I put on an audio while I washed vegetables to juice. I got dressed and watered the plants. I took my pre-breakfast supplements and vit C. I showered, dressed and grabbed some quilting stuff, the contributions folder and some kimchi. I drove to quilting, and talked to several ladies whose name I did not know. Ann brought her recorder for me to help her operate, but it had a low battery and did not work. She said I should take it home and play with it and bring it back. I left there to go to the Asian store for kimbap and mung sprouts. Then I hurried to church to meet with the secretary. She had discovered how to add envelope numbers to personal files. So we set everyone up with a number. We decided to meet again tomorrow to start adding contributions to member files. By then it was after one, and I was going to meet Art there at 2, so I just stayed. I sat in the garden room and ate my kimbap with kimchi. Then I roamed around a bit and decided to go outside and pull weeds. It was something to do and I was cold inside. But 2pm came and went. I called Art and he said he'd be there soon. I pulled a few more weeds, until I ran into poison ivy. I immediately went inside to wash my hands. Then I sat to meditate until he arrived. That was 2:30. We both worked at getting the envelopes organized and checks recorded. I added up the columns. It was $200 off, so I went about finding the mistake. And I did. Then I added again, but got a different total that was $20 off. Art did not have the bank deposit slips with him, so he just took all the checks and cash home to finish the process. He did not seem concerned. I went to the farmer's market. I got green beans and lettuce from the hydroponic guy. A lady named Deborah was helping him. I knew her from somewhere but could not place her out of context. Then I went to the meat seller, but she did not have any organ meats for me. As I passed the goat cheese stand, I saw their advertisement for goat milk. I could not resist. I also bought 2 gigantic cucumbers at another stand with the last of my cash. I took my purchases home and put the milk right into the fridge. I drank some and it was ok, but I put the rest back. I checked e-mail and responded to Parker. I listened to an audio while I cut up some foil to sharpen several pairs of scissors. I paused the audio to go outside. I replanted something that grew in my seedlings. I planted the waning sheaf of wheatgrass. I dug up humus and added it to stuff already planted. I swept the sidewalk, and filled a hole in the back yard with magnolia cones. I watered stuff near the house. Then I washed my hands, and picked greens for a salad. I looked up chia sprouts, to see if they are edible. They were, but then it was too dark to harvest them. So I got some sprouts from the fridge and added the greens and some lettuce, and sunflower seeds and made a salad. I ate it while skyping with Maryann. After she hung up, I watched a movie called Tammy and the Batchelor, recommended by a friend because it starred Leslie Nielsen being young and handsome. I ate frozen blackberries while watching. Then I looked up one of the other characters afterward. Then I placed a Swanson's order for vit C and olive oil. After a few more small things to search for, I was ready for bed.
* This is Bertha and her quilt *

No comments: