Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fun at the farmer's market

Chris got up at 8 to turn my alarm off. I stayed in bed until 8:30 after being up so late. Then I swished and checked e-mail. I went downstairs to check the size of a pillow top and sent the info to the pastor. I exercised and juiced. As I was cleaning up, I took pulp out to the compost and slipped. I don’t remember what happened but I got a wound on my lower forearm. It did not bother me until I saw it in the mirror. And it wasn’t bleeding much. I dabbed it with hydrogen peroxide. Chris tied a field dressing over it. It was just a big triangle of drab green fabric with two large safety pins. Then I got in my car and drove to quilting. My sewing stuff was already in the back. I brought in the box with my hexecontehedron to divert attention from my arm. And it worked beautifully. Except that one of the stars got passed around and the handling loosened the edges so they all need regluing. A lady brought in her supply of knitting needles and offered them to me. I chose a nice circular one and thanked her. Another lady talked about living in Seoul in the ‘80’s. I got a call from the rental agency saying someone would arrive either late today or tomorrow morning to fix the sink. Beverly talked about Row by Row. I mentioned the guild fabric in my garage and asked her to stop by my house if she wanted any. Then I went to the Asian store for kimchi, kimbap and mung sprouts. The lady divided up a larger container to make the size I wanted. I told her I would be moving and she said she would miss me. When I got home, I ate most of the kimbap before Beverly arrived. I took her to the garage to sort through and she picked out a few things. I supplemented that with pieces from my stash for the project she was doing. Then she left. I finished the kimbap and read e-mail. I listened to two meditations. Chris went to post to the library. I went to the farmer’s market with an insulated rolling bag. Jennifer was there to greet me. She was so happy to hear that our house was under contract. We went to the meat seller. We met Cecelia there. Then they shopped while I bought heart, spleen and ox-tail from the seller and his wife. I put the meats in my insulated bag. She asked how I cooked the meat and I said something about using a slow cooker but it was still being shipped. So she got one out of her truck and lent it to me! Then I met up with Jennifer again. At the hydroponics booth, I bought spinach and zucchini. At another place I bought tiny sweet tomatoes, and at another, strawberries – possibly the last of the season. A special herbal tea, and later, goat cheese. That used up most of the money I had. Jennifer helped me carry it all to my car. But when I got home, I lugged it all inside myself because Chris was on a conference call. I put the food away. I went outside to water plants, do some transplanting, and pull weeds. I moved most of the chicken manure to the apple tree. I came in to read more e-mail. I had some supper, as did Chris. I placed a bucket under the sink pipe so we could run the dishwasher, but it backed up into both sinks. Chris threw in some Drano. I tried plunging it. Chris turned off the dishwasher. Denise called to say she would take all the fabric. It was a sign from God since she decided to make quilts for foster kids and wondered where the fabric would come from. Chris and I discussed my concerns about downsizing and it did not go well. I went outside to tap. When I came in, we apologized and went downstairs to watch a hobbit movie. Then Chris gave me an old sock. I cut the elastic part off. He put it on my arm to hold a tissue soaked in hydrogen peroxide on the wound overnight. He went to bed and I stayed up to soak the sprouts and post to my blog.
* This is Glenda's quilt *

No comments: