Saturday, June 6, 2015

Broken connector

We slept in late (although it wasn't all sleeping). I swished and exercised before getting online. After checking the first round of e-mail, I slathered coconut oil on my hair and went outside to mow in the front yard and under the magnolia tree. Jennifer called to say that the flower lady was at the Saturday market and that the beef people had another kidney for me. I put the phone down and continued to mow. I could not believe that the fenced in part needed mowing again, but it did so I did. Chris went to the post office for mailing boxes, then started laundry. I took a shower and got most of the oil out of my hair. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail, and then returned Marjory's phone call. She told me about her dog being diagnosed with cancer, and about the guild fabric that I was told to keep. She went on and on. And then I heard my name being called. I walked around until I saw Denise and David at my back door. I hung up with Marjory and greeted them. I showed Denise the guild fabric and they loaded it in their truck. I also took them into the basement to see the books we were donating. But they elected not to take any. David said he could sense mold somewhere since he has asthma. I wish he could have pointed it out so I could call it in and have it removed. I guess that will be one good thing about moving to Korea – getting out of this moldy house. Denise wanted David to build her a sewing table with an inset for the machine. So they were asking questions about dimensions. And she wanted me to demonstrate free motion quilting so he could see how that worked in the space. My machine was set up for that so I was happy to comply. Then we went outside to their truck. We were talking when Chris came back from wherever. I never thought of Chris as being tall, but next to the rest of us, he was. Then he went inside and they left. I found him ripping patches off of old military shirts. I was happy to help with that. Then I put away some of the fabric lying around in my sewing room as I looked for my fmq gloves. I did not find them. I continued fmq-ing until the bobbin ran out, which did not take long. Then I set my machine up for straight stitching. I came up for some matching thread and had some leftover beef for lunch. Then I went down with the thread and stitched around the 'star' that had come unglued when the ladies passed it around on Tuesday. I returned it to its fellow stars already sewn together (as part of the hexecontehedron). I ate a sweet potato sprout. I watered plants. We ate supper. We went to Staples for new ink cartridges, and then to Home Depot to look at battery cable connectors. When we got back, Chris loaded the new cartridges and we printed the picture that Dad wanted. We went down to watch 4 episodes from season 6 of X-Files. The first episode made references to the movie that must have come out that summer. Chris thought we had it, but he could not find it. The 4th episode was “To be continued”. Since we have the second DVD, I wanted to watch the next episode, but church is early tomorrow so we just went to bed.

No comments: