Sunday, June 21, 2015

Star block

I woke up soon after 7, but stayed in bed, wiggling my toes and stretching and doing half-hearted sit-ups until 7:30. I threw on some clothes so that I could water the plants. Then I fired up the router and read e-mail. I put on the last Depression Session audio and unstacked the dishwasher. I exercised and then made breakfast. After eating, I took a shower and then did the last meditation from the 21 day series for weight loss. I put on my church dress and took notes for my blog before heading off to church. Cecelia’s grand children were there in matching outfits. So cute. It was a good service. I had to step out to go to the bathroom, which almost never happens. I met Art after the service. He said he couldn’t count today. We decided on Wednesday at 11. When I talked to Linda, she said I could put the numbers into the computer after counting. Margie said she’d bring me some items that need mending. Then I went to Publix. I did not need much since most of the veggies I need I can get at the farmer’s market, although not until Tuesday. I came home, put the groceries away and finished the audio as I looked through a quilting magazine. I went outside to catch some rays. The sun wasn’t out, so I grabbed a trowel and dug out grass growing in the driveway. The sun came out and made the driveway too hot to stand on for long. After a while I came in to drink water and listen to an audio. I found a star block on the internet that I wanted to try. I started to rework the block and then decided it would be faster to just jump in and follow the directions as written. I did not obsess over fabric choices. I let my laptop play audios as I worked. From time to time I checked the battery progress. Finally I took it upstairs to recharge. I ate a sweet potato with butter while listening. Then I went outside on the front porch to sit in the evening sun and work Sudoku puzzles. I came in when it was setting. I went downstairs to finish the star block. I covered the registers so the basement wouldn’t get so cold. I was not satisfied with how the block came out, but did not want to do it over. I came up to check for new e-mail. Then I watched the second episode of X-Files season 7. It did not end with ‘ to be continued ‘ but left so many unanswered questions that I hope it will be. I turned off the AC because it cycled too often. I worked another puzzle while listening to an audio. Then I decided to go to bed even though it wasn’t over yet.

No comments: