Sunday, June 28, 2015

Right the first time

I got up shortly before 8. I swished and checked for rain water. The tubs were nearly empty except for dead bugs. So I rinsed them out and washed them. I read e-mail and made breakfast. Then I took a shower before I ate. I got dressed and went to church. I was right on time for the discernment meeting between services. It was informational in nature, the discussion saved for another time. Then I waited in my pew for the service to start. Mary marked in my bulletin passages I could play during the service sometime. I spoke to Heather and she said they could sell the Pokemon cards to benefit the youth. Tim told me he would take over my position in the fall and would come to the next few stewardship meetings to ‘learn the ropes’. The pastor gave the sermon today. Our intern was out of town. I asked God to put healing power in my hands during the passing of the peace. After the service, I counted loose cash with Art and we agreed to meet at 2:30. I asked the other Art for a sheet from May. Cecelia said she might like to go with Jennifer and me to see the hydroponic farm sometime. Margie said she hadn’t brought the stuff for me to mend. So I then went to Publix for groceries. It cost more than usual, and I assumed it must have been the spices. I came home and played through the passages Mary marked. I put the groceries away and then the laundry. I changed my clothes. For lunch, I had some beef and goat cheese, blueberries and a banana. I checked e-mail. I rinsed cashews and sunflowers seeds to soak overnight. I got out a notebook of Pokemon cards and hoped to remember to bring it to Heather at church. I read e-mail, and at 2:30 went to church to help Art count the offering. It was right the very first time. Whoo-hoo! Then I went home. I watched some BeeGees videos and then some Andy Gibb videos. I watered my plants and raked up plant trimmings. I moved boxes around in the garage. The object was to move all the ‘keep’ items to the back so all the ‘donate’ stuff can be up front, ready to go. I took some mower parts to the carport and brought back a box of stuff. I sorted through it. I took a pic of some things that were Chris’ to see if he wanted them or not. I found a bag of cards I had to go through. I came in because it got dark. I read a magazine for way too long. Then I jotted notes for my blog. I watched an episode of X-Files. It was all about snakes. Ewwww. Then I posted to my blog and cleared some last e-mails before going to bed.
* My garden is growing well *

No comments: