Thursday, June 4, 2015

Hashtag

Chris got up early but I stayed in bed until almost 9. I exercised and checked e-mail. My tapping buddy and I exchanged a few sentences. I swished and checked e-mail. I juiced zucchini and mung sprouts and a few strawberries. Chris showered, dressed and left. I meditated, and got dressed. I made breakfast. I drove to Stitch-Its. The turnout was low because many had gone to a retreat. Rhonda came with her husband and mother. On the one hand, she looked awful, having fallen and broken her nose and arm. But on the other, it was great to see her out of the hospital and getting around. Christy told me that her bees were doing well. Pam told me all about her two daughters getting married later this year. She's going to have a busy summer. I talked to Pam for quite some time. She recommended that I get on Instagram and hashtag something about the base in Chinhae to meet people already there (like I have a clue as to how to do that. If I hashtag hashtags, will it tell me how to hashtag?). So I did not get home until after three. Chris took my car to have the oil changed. I got out a ladder and the hedge trimmer. It was heavier than I remembered. I trimmed as much as I could by hand. When Chris got back, I asked him to wield the trimmer. Then I did the sides by hand. I raked the trimmings up onto the sidewalk. I found the tarp but decided not to haul the trimmings to the road until Sunday because the truck comes on Mondays. I pulled some weeds in the back yard and asked Chris how much I could trim the rose of sharons without killing them. Then I checked e-mail. I ate some of the Wagu beef. I picked some of every edible plant in the back yard and in pots and made a salad. Chris had a salad, too. Then he made us a fruit salad. He put milk on his and I put fermented coconut milk on mine. I read e-mail until he was ready to watch TV. Then I finished the one I was on, and went downstairs to watch 4 episodes of X-Files. They make more sense now that I am watching them back to back. After that, we came upstairs. Chris started going through his closet and found a bag of white fabric – yards and yards of wrinkled polyester. Neither of us could remember ever seeing it before. It seemed like enough to do every window in the house. Then Chris asked me to pop a pimple for him. That was funny. We read e-mail for awhile, then I blogged and went to bed.
* This is Susan's mondo bag. I have the pattern and plan to make one someday. *

No comments: