Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The four o'clock massacre

I woke up early, looked at my old watch because it is easier to read. I thought it was almost 6 so I went back to sleep. I was surprised how soon my alarm sounded, and I realized that that watch is still on winter time. I got up to turn the alarm off and swish. I got dressed to go out and water the plants. But I saw the deck was wet and then remembered the storm last night. I inspected the plants and they all looked good so I skipped the watering for today. I turned on the computer to check e-mail and find audios to listen to during detox and all the extra exercises that go with it. I exercised, rebounded, drybrushed and boiled coffee. I started the detox but was not able to finish before I had to go to church to meet Art and count the offering. I grabbed a hardboiled egg for lunch (or breakfast). Then I rounded up some boxes and put them in my car. When I got to church, I looked for Art. He was not there, so I called him and he said he couldn’t make it until 2 but I said I had other plans then. Linda let me use her computer to enter the offerings. Bill stopped in for something and mentioned getting credit for buying paint. I wondered how something like that gets entered? I spent almost 4 hours entering contributions into the computer. Jennifer came by to cut paper. She talked to me about getting her son in college. Then I finished Easter and Good Friday. I called Sheryl to say I was coming over, but she wasn’t home. She said I could leave the boxes on her porch, so I did and then went home. I got the mail, but it was all junk. I was hungry so I ate goat cheese, the egg and pesto mixed together. I put on my suit and laid in the sun, tapping for clutter (hers and mine). The ants were biting me and I considered putting out Terro for them. I picked and ate some tomatoes. I started to water plants, but stopped to jot some notes for my blog. Then I finished watering and trimmed the four o’clocks. I transplanted a tomato, 4 peppers, and some squash. I noticed tomatoes coming up from last year. I made breakfast and listened to an audio. I got an e-mail from Parker that closing would be delayed until next week because the underwriter is requiring soil samples from around the buried tank. I wrote back that I had only allowed the buyers extra money for closing in June. If I have to make the July payment, then the allowances should be reduced by that amount. It started to rain so I put out the collection tubs. I put on the next audio and played solitaire. It was a game I have been working on for days. So I googled the solution. I had never been able to make sense of the collection of numbers and letters that comprised a solution. But today it made sense. I did about a third of it, and then was able to finish it on my own. I finished the audio. Then I cleaned countertops in the kitchen. I made up a week’s worth of supplements. I wiped up the floor with lemon water. I replaced the lemon peels in the water with fresh ones. I pulled beef bones from the freezer to cook tomorrow. I drank a glass of cold whey. I watched an episode of X-Files, and looked up one of the actresses. I placed a Swansons order. Then I plugged in the battery for the cordless drill. I finished detoxing, posted to my blog, took a shower and went to bed.

No comments: