Friday, June 12, 2015

Fanning the flames

I tried to put in a Swansons order last night before the offer expired at midnight. But with the 15% off, my order was .06 short of the $50 needed for free shipping. So I did not bother and just went to bed. We were still in bed but not sleeping when the alarm went off the next morning. Much later we got up to start the day. I finished a video I started watching yesterday. It was about how to meditate in 15 minutes – but the video was way longer than that, and there was no slider on it so I could not tell how long it was going to be, or go back or skip ahead. I took time to swish. So much e-mail to read. I watered the plants. Then I juiced, and meditated, then cleaned up the juicer. I made breakfast, and worked puzzles until I couldn't stand it anymore. I watched Chris pack. I read the scale when he weighed the luggage. He put an umbrella and an espresso machine in his suitcase. The umbrella couldn't go in carryon because it is considered a weapon. He took boxes to the post office to mail ahead. I looked through panoramic pictures from The Quilt Show. I drank lots of water to avoid feeling dizzy like I did yesterday. I mowed in the back yard and then the front yard until the mower slowed down. Chris' car showed up in the carport between one row and the next so I must have missed him pulling in. I plugged in the mower and came in for water and some frozen strawberries.
I saw the thermometer in the sunshine – it read 103. Chris wanted to burn more paper. So he got out the grill and we toasted decades of documents. We separated out the pages that could be recycled. He started the riding mower. It did not run because there was no gas in it. Then I remembered that we did not have a gas can here. We each had some leftovers for supper. Then we went down to watch an X-Files movie – the one that came out right after season 5. We still have two DVD's from season 6 to watch that have to be returned to the post library a week from Tuesday. I started listening to an audio on menopause. He recommended geranium oil on the arches of the feet to relieve hot flashes. I paused the audio to go to bed when Chris did since this is our last night together. I will take him to the airport at 6 am tomorrow.

No comments: