Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Stewardship meeting

Chris got up early although I don't know how since we went to bed so late. I stayed in bed until the alarm went off. Chris came back to make sure I was awake. And then...I got up to swish and exercise. There was no quilting today because they were on a field trip to a store in Mississippi and I elected not to go. I called the church to see if I could come by today to work on contributions but they were busy. For some reason I got hooked on a number puzzle. Chris had a group call to listen to. After doing a second puzzle I had to put it down. I took a shower and checked e-mail. When Chris' call was over, I juiced two zucchini. I drank that and cleaned up. Then I drove to the Asian store for kimbap. I waited until I got home to open the package. After eating all of it, and an apple, I went through a pile of books that Chris left for me. When that was done, I finished an audio. I went through my e-mail and unsubscribed to bunch of stuff. I listened to several Youtube videos of “100 questions no one asks”. On the one hand, it seemed like a total waste of time. But, the energy and spontaneity with which the ladies answered the questions was refreshing. I made breakfast and ate it. Chris packed the books in his car and went to post to run errands before taking the books to the book store. I watered my plants, and then went to the farmer's market. The first stand had peaches, so I got some of those. I also got a kidney from the Wagyu guy. He had three, but my freezer's getting full. I bought zucchini from the hydroponics man. I came home, sunbathed, then wiped off. I read e-mail, and did some tapping with Brad Yates newest videos. Chris came home and cooked “yellow name” which is a true yam. I took a visual acuity test online – it indicated a problem, possibly mold related. For supper, I ate some name with corned beef and sprouts. I listened to an audio that sounded somewhat familiar while working on a sumsum puzzle. At 6:45 I jumped up to brush my teeth and go to church for a stewardship meeting. But I was early because it did not start until 7:30. I sat in the fellowship hall and talked to Art. He told me about his cats. Then the other Art showed up and we talked about deer and racoons getting in the garden. Then Dave, the head of stewardship came and the meeting started. Rachel came too, and amazingly, the two Art's gave their reports briefly. We were done in half an hour. I reported that Linda and I were trying to get the contributions into the computer. Both Art's thought that was a good idea. Then I came home to find the garage door open and the light on. Chris was upstairs, but he came down with me and we went through stuff in the garage, separating stuff we wanted from what we could do without. He threw some stuff out, and we made a pile for freecycling in one corner. Some of it was Michele's stuff. Anyway, about 9:30 we quit. He told me that he got some money for some of the books, and the rest he took to the library. Then we watched an episode of X-Files. I checked e-mail one last time, and blogged. I could not resist doing several more puzzles before going to bed.
* These are the blooming 4 o'clocks *

No comments: