Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Calc-aholic

I woke up well before 8. I had been having a dream about making out with Sheldon (BBT). It was weird. Anyway, I swished and went downstairs to find a piece of blue and white fabric that would allow me to make one more block. I only needed a 5 by 10 piece. I looked through my yardage and did not find anything. Then I went through boxes of scraps, and was surprised not to find anything there either. When I came up, it was 8:30. I exercised and detoxed. I listened to a long audio that turned out to be mostly sales pitch. I juiced part of one huge cucumber and drank it. I got dressed, and hurried out. But on the way to my car, I realized that the plants needed watering. So I had to do that first. Then I drove to church. Linda let me use her computer to enter numbers into the contributions program. When I got a good start, she left. I was alone in the church for awhile. But entering the numbers was so engrossing and getting a summary that agreed with my figures was rewarding. The pastor and intern came back from lunch. I spoke to them, but kept working. I did 4 sunday's worth before I stopped. And I only stopped then because my left wrist hurt. I went home, thinking I was a calc-oholic and wondering how I could put that on a t-shirt. I filled two bottles with warm salt water. I drank one and put on my bathing suit, and laid on a sheet in the backyard to sweat. Then I swept up all the stray trimmings on the side walk and in the driveway. I pulled a few weeds, and watered some more. I checked e-mail. The real estate lawyer needed to see my power of attorney, so I e-mailed it to him. I drank some beef broth. I did some tapping with a short video. I got my sewing box out of the car, and went through it, pullinged out the blue and white leftover scraps. I took a pic of the quilt top in progress. I brought some stuff inside. I finished an audio, and ate blue berries with chocolate, and cashews. Joanns was having a sale, so I ordered machine gloves and looked for a new seam allowance sticker. I guess they don't sell them anymore. I found a few other things to make the shipping worth it and submitted the order. Then I spent way too long looking for the Chinhae naval base on Bing Maps. I still can't find it, but it must exist if Chris is there. I searched Youtube for the video I had seen months ago for a 2-liter bottle seed sprouter. Finally I found it and watched it, hoping to remember it tomorrow. I played trombone briefly. I put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and cleaned the sink. I noticed that the new putty around the drain was still soft and wet. It was put in last week, how can it not be dry? I squished it back into place. Amazingly, it was time for bed. But I did not feel I had been productive enough. So I went to my sewing room. I gathered all my little blue and white leftovers and came up with the needed blocks. Having something ready for quilt group tomorrow, I blogged and went to bed.

No comments: