Friday, June 26, 2015

Swiss cheese


I woke up before 8, not sure exactly when. I fueled my mind with positive thoughts about the closing. I got up to check on the crock pot. It had boiled down but not too much. I turned it off and scooped all the liquid out into a jar. I threw the bones away. Swishing the whole time, I also put away all the folded laundry and some I found on the guest bed. I selected two pairs of black pants to be turned into shorts. I cleaned the sink and the toilet. I swept under the rug in the den. I watered the plants. I gave them some mineral solution, too. I wrote to Parker to see if the buyers wanted to rent until closing.
I did my exercises, and read some e-mail. I made juice, and drank it with a glass of whey followed by meditation. The whey was filling so I could not go straight to breakfast. I read e-mail, and then sunbathed outside, listening to my tablet. Finally I was able to make and eat breakfast. I finished the audio. I took the tablet downstairs to listen while I made a pair of pants into shorts. After that audio, I called up a second one, but it would not play the next audio so I took it upstairs to be closer to the router. It started playing then and I sat to rip the basting stitches out. Then Jennifer called, so I paused it. After her call, I could not get it to restart so I played the interview on the laptop. I called Parker because I hadn’t heard from her in several days. Everything was fine, but no word about them moving in before closing. I went down to the sewing room to see about making a second pair of shorts, but decided to keep those pants intact. So then I worked on fussy cutting squares for another three-shades-of block. I put out the rain collection tubs because the sky got dark and the wind blew. I had supper – goat cheese mixed with basil pesto, sprouts, and a duck egg. I made a fruit fly trap. Chris skyped me. Then I caught up on the Sudoku puzzles for this week. I went back downstairs to worked on fussy-cutting. Then I heard my phone ring. It was Sheryl asking when I could come tomorrow. I said noon, and then went back to finish cutting. I got enough for 4 blocks which amazed me considering how little fabric I had. The leftover fabric looked like swiss cheese. Then I came up to watch an episode of X-Files. I checked e-mail again, then prepared a nutritious liquid. I listened to the BeeGee’s for awhile. I put my sprouted carrot tops outside and moved the sprouting sweet potatoes to another room. Then I posted and went to bed.
* This is my blue and white quilt top that I finished yesterday. Now I have to find something else to take along to work on. *

No comments: