Tuesday, June 23, 2015

New gloves

I got up about 7:50. I swished and turned on the router. I checked e-mail. There was one from Chris that he got from a woman on post. She gave me a rundown on the various groups and what there was to do. She said Daegu has a bigger fabric market than Seoul. Whoa! Be still my heart.
I juiced and meditated. I took my block and the X-Files DVD for season 6 and headed out. I went to post to return the DVD’s. The lady made me my own library account and I checked out season 7. Then I went to quilting. I opened my sunroof to keep the car cool. My block got some nice comments. Beverly showed me her fabric license plate and row-by-row instructions for a fabric shop she went to on Sunday. The license plate was nice, but they charged $5.50 for it. The pattern was free, but I did not care for it as it was applique. We made plans to go shop-hopping next Friday. We must have stayed late because it was almost noon when I got to the Asian store. In addition to sprouts and kimbap, I also got plastic gloves and a very fine strainer for cheese. On the way home, I stopped for gas. My gauge read low, but it only took two more gallons than last time. When I got home, I closed the sunroof to keep the spiders out. They are out in force this year. I ate the kimbap with my remaining kimchi. The kimchi is so spicy now that it has to be eaten with something. But so good!
I cleared some e-mail. I put the whey in a big pot on the stove. I heated it just short of boiling. I could not find my candy thermometer to be certain of the temperature. I let it cool a little and put in lemon juice and waited for it to curdle. But it did not. So after a while, I heated it again, making more certain it almost boiled, then let it cool again. It required a lot of stirring, but I took small bits of time to make breakfast and then eat it. I ran out of time to let it cool and had to stick it in the fridge. Parker sent a document for me to sign allowing the buyers to take possession on Thursday even though closing is on Friday. I scooped out some goat cheese with a plastic spoon and put plastic wrap over it, tying it with a ribbon. I took it with me to the farmer’s market. I sat in the parking lot waiting for Jennifer. When she came, she had a bowl of vegetables for me: potatoes, a tomato, short fat cucumbers, an onion, and sprigs of stevia. She also gave me a small bowl of pesto that her Italian friend made from basil Jen had grown and olive oil that his friend’s father makes in Italy. I gave her the spoonful of goat cheese. It hardly seemed like a fair trade. Then we went to the market. I returned the goat milk bottles. The man said he would bring me more next week. I bought tomatoes, Dutch cucumbers, and peaches. Then I went to Sheryl’s house. She had said she wanted me for the job because my house was so organized. Who, me? When I saw her house I realized why she thought that. She showed me around the house and we talked about shelving and donating. Her husband came home from work. He did not have a lot to say, but seemed in favor of our efforts. Finally we decided to go to Target to look at some shelving on sale. She went directly there, and I took my farmer’s market food home first and ate an egg, then met her in the back of the store. We discussed the 9-cube vs the 8-cube storage. We looked at more industrial-type shelving, too. In order to get the discount, she had to order it online. So she went home to do that. She said I could not go to Korea before I finished her house. I went home, too. I pulled the now cold whey out of the fridge. I ladled it through the scoop sieve and got a small amount of cheese. I drank several glasses of whey and I mixed some goat cheese with the pesto that Jen gave me. That was delicious. Then I checked my e-mail and worked today’s puzzle, and the one for tomorrow. I jotted blog notes for later. I watched an episode of X-Files. I added something new to my Netflix queue to replace the other DVD’s in the season which I just checked out from the library. Then I added a few new photos to my Pinterest page. I went through 2 month’s worth of photos and did not find much. I guess I need to sew more.

No comments: