Saturday, June 13, 2015

Cutting it too close

Chris said he was going to get up at 5, but I suspect he got up earlier because I did not hear his alarm ring. I stayed in bed until he roused me at 5:30. Then I drank several glasses of water, and washed up. I listened to a short audio while he was getting ready. Then we took my car to the airport. We passed a yard sale and I said “Look! A yard sale.” He replied “Is there anything you need?” I said “Need is such a strong word.” We continued to the airport. It was light out and I wasn't as emotional as I thought I would be. My car was running hot and I had forgotten my cell phone. When we got to the airport, we hugged and he walked off with all his luggage. I did cry a little. Then I drove home, having to stare into the rising sun on the highway. I parked the car in the carport, and walked to the yard sale. I asked if he had a gas can to sell, and he did. He sold me a 5 gallon gas can with some gas in it for $2! What a deal! And he said if I needed any help, to let him know. When I got home, I called Chris for instructions on driving the mower He told me where to find the key and what the levers do. He said he had already checked the oil. I checked the tires and saw they were soft. I came in to put down the phone and write notes to my blog. I dug a splinter out of my thumb (or thought I did). I caught up on Sudoku puzzles while listening to audios. I put cards in the mail. I started another batch of sprouts. I poured gas in the mower, and pumped up the tires. I moved the grill, and started the mower. I backed it out, and drove to the front yard. I noticed that it wasn't cutting so I decreased the mowing height, and it still was not cuting. I tried pushing a lever forward and then it cut too short. Oh well. I mowed in big ovals, slowly. I did not know how to get to the higher gears since pushing in the clutch stopped the mower, and did not want to take off with a big jerk. I kept driving, this time to the back yard and ran through the wide ditch leading to the culvert, and then went through a shady wooded area where I don't usually mow (where the tent was). I put the grills at the back of the carport so I could park the mower easily at the front and would not have to back around anything next time. I juiced zucchini and a pepper. I meditated overly long, probably because I got up so early this morning. I went outside to water the plants, and then to sunbathe. I came in for breakfast and to clear e-mail. I did more number puzzles, thinking they were a waste of time, but unable to stop. I went downstairs to get out my least favorite sewing machine, and make sure it worked. Then I packed it in the case with the manual and accoutrements. I put it in my car for tomorrow. I will lend it to Heather so her son can learn to sew. I watered the far garden. I ate some fish and read e-mail. I picked a salad from what grows in the back yard and garden. I stacked and ran the dishwasher. Then I watched two episodes of X-Files. I checked e-mail again, and looked up some episode characters and a synopsis of the movie we watched last night. I guess Chris is on the plane to Narita right now. I hope to get an e-mail from him in the morning.

No comments: