Sunday, June 14, 2015

Not the Sunday I was expecting

I stayed in bed an hour late, thinking I needed a little more sleep because yesterday was so long. I unstacked the dishwasher, and read e-mail. Chris sent one in the middle of the night from the Narita airport. I started an interview but did not have time to finish it. I took a shower, and ate breakfast. I got dressed, and grabbed a blank card. I watered my plants, then went to church. I thought I was late but my watch was fast, I sat in my regular pew, wrote a check for Rachel's shower and put it in the card. I asked Mr. Cox what her fiance's name was, but he did not know. Heather and her family came in late and sat behind me. During the passing of the peace, she told me that the sleeping bag we gave her for her yard sale (on behalf of the youth) might be worth over $100 on Etsy. That was a surprise because it was old, worn, patched and who would want a Princess of Power sleeping bag nowadays? After church, I helped Art count the loose cash in the offering plate ($1). He said he couldn't count today so we plans for Tuesday. Then I made my way to the line for shaking hands. When I got to the fellowship hall, there was a basket for cards and a money tree. Rachel put out a nice photograph of her and her fiance. Cecelia's husband went home, so we sat together and talked. We also went through the food line. Several people talked to me there. We sat across from Mary. I suggested we do a musical piece together one more time before I moved. Cecelia had a piece that she thought would benefit from a trombone line. I was going to follow her home to see what she had in mind, but several more people stopped me to talk and Cecelia went home. So did Heather who I was going to give the sewing machine to. So I called Cecelia from the parking lot. She gave me directions to her house. When I got there, she got in my car and directed me to Heather's house. We dropped of the machine with her son who was outside since no one answered the door. Then we went back to her house. She invited me in and showed me pics of her daughters. Her house was beautiful. We sat at the piano and picked through the piece. I thought I could construct a counterpoint to the melody. So she got her husband to make a copy with their printer. She told me about her plans to get the church kids into a singing or ringing group. She indicated that I could help but I did not promise her anything. Then I went to Publix for groceries. I brought them home and put them away. I ate a piece of corned beef brisket. I read e-mail and listened to an audio that I started this morning that was full of information on depression. He said that all neurodegenerative diseases start with depression. So when a patient comes in with depression, he looks for signs of Parkinson's, alzheimer's, demenia, etc. I had to stop the video while I finished the last two number puzzles. I don't know where the compulsion comes from. tried to work on the counterpoint line for Cecelia's piece. I wrote some, but it was hard to see and keep track of what I had to work with. I did not finish. I made up a week's worth of supplements. I threw out bags and empty supplement containers in the kitchen. I saw that the outdoor thermometer read 110. I did not believe it, so I went outside for a bit. It was hot, but not that hot. I got some garbage bags and tried to bag the stuff Chris put in the trashcan. It was too deep for me. Some of it I put in recycling. Most went into two bags. I rolled it to the street. Then I went down to watch two episodes of X-Files. I wanted to start the next DVD, but it contained episodes we'd already seen. I brought it upstairs where I could read it and saw that the DVD's were out of order. It was after 10 anyway, so I put it aside for tomorrow. I opened the box for the nightguard. I followed the directions to put it in hot water, and mold it to my teeth. I did not get the fit right but don't know why. I wrote to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: