Monday, June 1, 2015

Contract!


Alarm went off at 8. We stayed in bed...until he got up to go jogging. I swished and exercised. I brought in the rain water to filter and boil it. I saw that the chia seed I had thrown out had germinated in the planting tray. I rinsed my sprouts which are growing really well. They love rain water. Parker sent an e-mail saying our counteroffer was verbally accepted and she sent a docusign document for us to make the contract legal. But I questioned one of the numbers. I juiced celery and a pepper. That did not make enough juice and I hadn’t bought carrots so I picked some kale and wild lettuce. They were not very juicy and would have tasted really bad but I threw in some goji juice. Then I cleaned up and got water under the sink when I ran the disposal. The water went into the big sink and it is now leaking. Chris put in a work order last night. I put a towel under the sink.
I made breakfast, refilled several containers, then ate. I had put the kitchen rug out to dry and now it was wet from the rain. My plan had backfired. On the other hand, next time I want rain, I will hang the rug out with high hopes. I got dressed, and went downstairs to collect my sewing gear. I rolled it out to my car and stashed it inside. I also put Carolyn’s stuff in the back. I drove to the church, and brought everything in. I told the ladies we had a verbal contract on the house. Jodi asked about the quilts from guild night. After chatting for awhile, I went home to get them. While I was there, Parker sent another docusign but it did not turn out right either. Just as I was ready to give up, she sent another one which I signed and went back to church. I gave Carolyn her new seat and she put $5 in my purse even though I said she didn’t owe me anything. I gave Jodi the quilts. She said she did not want the guild fabric back and that I could keep it. I was at once glad and disappointed. Sure I wanted it, but we are supposedly downsizing! Bertha said Renegades would take it and they meet this coming Sunday. One by one the ladies left, and before 1. When Glenda came, we were down to three. She talked about how she failed to keep her diet regime and how badly she felt. So I told her about the 21 day weight loss meditation challenge that started this morning. She gave me her e-mail address and I promised to send the link. I was going to work on my blue blocks but did not have any foundation fabric. Just then Chris called and said Parker sent another edition of the document to sign. So I came home, signed that one, and rustled up some lightweight stuff for foundation blocks. I went back to church and made blocks, pressing and trimming as needed. Seems like the supply of wedges is never-ending. Lauri and I stayed until almost 6. As we walked out, it started to rain. I was afraid my hexecontehedron would get wet. But she got an umbrella from her car and carried it for me. Then we both went home. I had leftovers for supper. Then I read e-mail for awhile and caught up on Sudoku. We went down to watch episodes of X-File season 5. Some of them were scary, but the last one we watched was actually humorous. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to soak the sprouts (which are remarkably advanced) and post to my blog.
* There on the right are the chia seeds which germinated very quickly. *

No comments: