Friday, July 3, 2015

Busy day


I laid awake in the morning, listening to the rain. It was heavy and had been falling for a long time. After the alarm rang, I got up to check the open window. The rain had not come in. I also went to the basement and was relieved to find that it was dry. I went to the kitchen to deal with the various jars of goat milk. I strained each one to get the curds at the bottom. Then I put it in smaller jars in the fridge. I washed the gallon jars so I could fill them with rain water. I brought in the collection tubs and filtered the water before running it through the coffee maker. I washed the tubs and put them back outside. The rain had stopped but it still looked threatening. I had to restart my laptop to get Firefox updated. It kept all my open windows which pleased me greatly. I found some time to exercise in between processing pots of hot water. I searched for a key to a box in the garage. I found two other keys but not that one. I juiced two peppers and part of a large cucumber. I meditated. I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail. Then I took a shower and washed most the oil out of my hair. It looked a lot better after almost 24 hours of absorbing oil. Then I got dressed and drove to Sheryl’s house around noon. They were sliding a couch down the stairs. Eventually it went into the room where she hopes to keep her granddaughter when she visits. We put the table top up against the wall behind the small couch. Then we worked on the sewing room. Her husband brought up two more shelving units and we assembled them. He made space in the room across the hall and assembled a table the right height for cutting. We made a table out of the two shelving units and a glass table top. At 7:50 I left for home.
I ate some goat cheese and then a sweet potato while I cleared e-mail. I tried to watch an episode of X-Files on my laptop but was having trouble. I took the disc out and wiped it good and then it did not play at all. But I had no trouble watching it on the desktop computer. Then I listened to an audio while I whipstitched another edge of the hexecontahedron. I cleared more e-mail, did the Friday Sudoku puzzle and decided to go to bed.

No comments: