Monday, July 27, 2015

Pretty cool!

I was having a dream about a yardsale when I woke up. I got up to check on the spider, and it was gone, presumably to sleep through the day. I puttered around the house, doing little things here and there. Quilting had been canceled for today due to VBS. I got dressed and watered the plants. I gave minerals to the ones in jars. I checked e-mail and listened to an audio. I worked several Sudoku puzzles and finished the hexecontahedron. Finally! I looked up the mower repair shops. I used a yard stick across the deck to see if the blade was level. It was not so I assumed the shaft was bent. I called William but he did not answer. I watched David Wolfe’s video about a turmeric smoothie. He used a Nutrabullet and I used a MagicBullet, but the results seemed similar. Mine leaked and I was unable to tighten it enough to stop it completely, but I blended anyway. I drank that while reading e-mail. William called and we discussed the mower problem. He thought I could use the one he bought and retrofit my battery to fit that mower. But I watched a Youtube video about replacing that battery and the terminals are very different. But one Youtube video leads to another (unless you turn off that feature. Note that it starts enabled. ) I found myself watching videos for fixing sulphated batteries.
I made and ate breakfast. I noticed the sun was out, so I laid out in my suit. When I came in, I took my supplements and meditated with the icy rice on my foot. Then I heard sounds on the front porch and the doorbell rang. I opened the door to find a large box and a small box. The Fed-Ex man helped me get the big box inside, then he left. I was worried that William had sent the lawn mower without telling me. But it turned out to be a box of toilet paper, flax seed, chia seed, and pink salt. I read more e-mail and thought I might be subscribed to too many sites. I put on a pair of stiff hiking boots that belonged to Michele. They were too big for me so I laced them up tight, but my foot protested, so I loosened that one. I called the mower places. One did not answer and the other said that if the shaft was bent, it needed a new motor and that was discontinued. I went to the garage for the weedeater. I used it to cut over half of the grass inside the fence. Then I let the extension cord cool off while I picked up sticks in the yard and on the patio and deck. Then I worked on the mower. I tried hitting the shaft with a hammer. Raise your hand if you are surprised that that did not work. I don’t see any hands raised. I tried oiling it. I did not have any oil, so I pulled the dipstick out of my car. There was very little oil on it so I pulled out Chris’ dipstick too. Sadly, it was not enough and did not work. The blade turned, but not freely enough. I put it all back together and parked it in the garage. I used the weedeater to trim the grass around the ditch. Unfortunately I hit the cord with the plastic string. It really tore it up, so I got some electrical tape to wind around the cord. Then I put that away. While I was in the garage, I unwrapped some of the stuff from Honduras and moved it away from the donation pile. I saw things in there that did not come from this house.
I also found my solar puff that came the day the newest blade arrived. It was already charged so I unfolded it into a cube, lit it up and took a pic, then set it in the guest room where the sun comes in in the morning. I sat at my computer and opened the mail. One package contained my new pearl earrings. The rest were notices of insurance cancellation. How many policies did we have on the Pinehurst house? I read an article on obesity and cancer. The comments were more interesting than the article and I spent way too much time reading them. I laid out my quilt blocks on the bed again, and auditioned where the extra parts should go. I took pics of the options, then downloaded them to the laptop. I could not resist clearing a few more e-mails. I checked the back door occasionally to catch the spider making his web. But he appeared with a completed web between one check and the next. I went downstairs to do the math for the inbetween blocks. I had a surprising amount of trouble thinking my way through it. But I plotted it on graph paper and it worked. So I came up to get the inbetween blocks and take them apart to insert the extra pieces. My alcohol/water mixture froze solid overnight so I let it thaw and added more alcohol. I watched an entire episode of X-Files. I was checking the replacement parts website for a motor when Chris skyped me. He said he could not call me tomorrow because there was so much for him to do as they are changing admirals. I showed him my new earrings. He suggested I check second hand stores for electric lawn mowers. After he hung up, I looked up replacement batteries online. Amazon had them for $27 each (need 2) and free shipping. It’s a thought. Going to bed now is a more attractive thought.

No comments: