Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Once more around the block(s)

I went to bed late last night. I had a little trouble falling asleep, but then mostly stayed asleep until morning. When I got up, it was 7:15. I washed up and got dressed. I went out on the patio/balcony to watch the sun and meditate. Other ladies came out after awhile. We came in about 10 till 8. Soon the breakfast bell rang. I put some fermented coconut milk in one of my prepared breakfasts and went upstairs. Cindy gave me a banana to go with my breakfast. I ate outside with the other ladies. It was a little less warm than yesterday – very nice. Then we got to work. I cut borders from 4 green fabrics. I used them on the intricately cut blocks: one for each block. Then I laid them on one of the design walls. I tried several backgrounds, and decided to use the same border between as on the outside. So I cut the requisite strips from the dark green. Meanwhile, we had several rollicking conversations around the sewing tables. The lady across from me told me about her experiences as a principal. At lunch, we trooped upstairs for some good food. I don’t remember what the rest got. I had a salad and my coconut and roll up. One of the rollups wasn’t dried enough and stuck to the parchment paper. After lunch, I added all the border strips and finished the top. I played around with some black leftover wedges. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon sewing patches on the pastor’s wife’s jacket. We had supper and then I finished the patches. The rest of the evening was spent auditioning settings for the octagon blocks. I had to post so I could go to bed before I fell over from fatigue.

No comments: