Saturday, July 4, 2015

This means war

I woke up shortly after 7. I sat in the den and meditated/dozed. I checked the basement for water since it was raining. I checked the tubs but they did not have much in them. I emptied the water in the wheelbarrow. I collected the laundry. I took the items out of the Swansons box and saw that I ordered two different kinds of magnesium. I listened to a health audio. She said few people chew enough. I remembered one from yesterday that said yawning was the quickest way to relax. Yawning and slowly stretching was even better. I did the weekend Sudoku puzzle. I drank four glasses of salt water. I swept the kitchen floor again since the mop knocked over the expresso carafe and it shattered last night. I was so mad. It is one of the most useful items in my kitchen. I was also barefoot. So an extra sweep seemed to be in order. I did a 7 minute workout on Youtube. Not too bad except for the wall-sits. I swished and then took my pre-breakfast supplements. I did some sewing on the hexecontahedron. I juiced and meditated. I made breakfast and ate while listening to an audio. I put the laundry in the washer and stayed downstairs to cut pieces for the Three Shades Of quilt. When the washer finished, I put the laundry in the dryer. I continued to cut. I would have been finished, but realized that the second set of 23.5 inch squares were only 23 inches. Grooooooan!!! I decided that maybe there was some way of redesigning the quilt top to avoid having to cut more squares. I loaded and ran the dishwasher. I reloaded my fruit fly trap. I put my bananas in the microwave to keep the fruit flies away from them. I packed up some goat cheese and tomatoes to take with me. I went out to the garden to see if there was a ripe cucumber. But what I saw was that something had knocked over the cage around the cucumber vine, and had eaten all the leaves on my squash plants. As Bugs Bunny would say, “You realize this means war.” I put out a highly scented bar of soap (because I have no stinky perfume.) And I put a cage around the squash plant. I am not sure it will help but I had to try something. I called Denise and told her I was on my way. When I got there, she was getting ready to make sauerkraut. I helped her cut up the cabbage (with the food processor). She massaged in the salt and we filled jars. She gave me one to take home. We went outside so David could show me the windchimes he is making. Then I got to see their various plantings in various places. I tasted several herbs. Then Denise made some steaks on her induction grill. She had potatoes in the oven and she cut up lettuce for salad. We ate at the table which was right in front of a large TV. It was a little close for me. They handed me the remote to look for the capitol fireworks, but I could not find it. Then we heard shots outside. I ran down the sidewalk to find a good spot to watch. Fireworks were being shot off from several places behind houses or trees. I was so excited that I was jumping up and down. I might have leaked. We watched until the rain hit and then she got out an umbrella. But the night was cool, so we went in soon. She showed me her scrap book of quilts and several projects she is working on. Then I was surprised to discover the time was 10pm. I thanked them for their invitation and the large zucchini and jar of sauerkraut. I drove home in the rain, squinting to see the road. There were fireworks being shot off in spite of the downpour, but I was able to stay focused on driving. It was a relief to get home. I was greeted by a large cockroach. I saw that Chris had skyped me so I sent a message back, and then he called. We talked for a short while, but I was so tired from all the excitement of fireworks. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* What critter ate my squash leaves? *

No comments: