Friday, July 31, 2015

Hydroponic Farm

I woke up cold. The thermostat read 80. I took a hot shower, and put on my fleece robe. I sat in my lounger to doze, but the cold persisted. Then I remembered my distilled water in the pot. I drank that and some filtered tap water from yesterday with a little ACV. I went back to the lounger and felt better. I tried the distilling again, this time using a bulgogi pan instead of the inverted pot lid. I swished, and took my supplements. I read an article that said smelling the sweat of happy people improves your mood. How happy can you be sniffing sweaty people?
I got dressed, took my vitamins, and exercised. I met Jennifer and Cecelia in a parking lot. We rode in Jennifer’s are to the hydroponics farm. The manager Sonia, gave us a tour. Afterward, I bought lettuce and beans. We all bought something. Jen dropped us off in the parking lot. On the way home, I stopped at CVS. They did not sell an ace bandage like Rhonda had, so I bought the next best thing plus purified water and mineral water.
When I got home, I put the lettuce in some of the water, since it still had roots. I read e-mail and listened to several book summaries. I made and ate breakfast. I worked tomorrow’s Sudoku puzzle. I brought in the mail – got tax and water bills for the property in Pinehurst. I could see that my neighbor was home, so I went over and asked to borrow his mower. He said any time, but he keeps it locked up so …? I mowed the ditches in the front, around one tree, then down the side by the ditch, then inside the fence (skirting the tree whose root ruined my mower) and then down by the garden. I added some gas to the tank and returned it to his shed. Then I was hot and sweaty so I came in for a drink and to check on my distilled water project. I have seen one online which uses two bottles, one painted black, set in the sun. So it must not need boiling in order to distill. I put on my suit and sunbathed, sweating quite well. I put the tax bills in an envelope to mail to the new owner as directed by Parker. I found some coconut flakes in the cupboard with a small hole in one corner of the bag. So I put some in a bowl, went outside and picked out the black flakes. I ate the rest. What was left in the bag got put in a jar. The other bags of coconut flakes went in a Tupperware container. I turned off the stove and let the distilled water cool. I took the bobbin donut downstairs and filled it with bobbins. I was able to fill the whole thing. Then I went outside to use the riding mower. It doesn’t do as good a job as the push mower but it’s the best I can do until I get a push mower and can mow it right. Then I needed a drink of water. I read about Nicholas Gonzalez, his work and his untimely death. He was a proponent of the autonomic nervous system diet. I picked some basil and made pesto. I went looking for Dr. Kelley’s questionnaire to determine diet type. i listened to a meditation while I ate frozen blackberries. Sadly I got some on my clothes so I put them in water to soak. I watched an episode of X-Files. Then I put the sock of rice on my foot and watched an interview with Cassandra who was medically kidnapped because she refused chemo in order to do alternative treatments. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is the lettuce patch. They also had tomatoes, beans, peppers, arugula and heat-stricken spinach. There are spaces for 12 plants in each stack. *

No comments: