Monday, July 6, 2015

Well, it's working, but....


I got up around 7:30. I peed in a jar and then got dressed. I watered a large circle around my tomato plant. I could see more signs of disturbance. The cucumber plant had few leaves left, only those above 4 feet. Then I brushed my teeth and started swishing. I turned on the router and laptop. As I was reading e-mail, I saw one from the post library saying that X-Files was due Thursday but I could renew online. So, I applied for a web account and renewed it. But when I saw the new due date, I realized I should have waited until Thursday to renew it. Because now it is due on a Monday and they are closed on Sunday and Mondays. I placed the Swansons order that I meant to do last night. I did one seam of the hexecontahedron. I exercised, and juiced. I meditated while an audio played. Maryanne called to say she was coming over so I could show her how to water my plants while I’m on retreat next week. I went out to hook up the long hose. I cleaned up the juicer and started making breakfast. Maryanne knocked on the door. I showed her all the plants and where to water. She was very positive about it. After she left, I finished making breakfast and ate it while listening to the rest of the same audio. I unstacked the dishwasher. I took a shower and got dressed.
I drove to quilting in Chris’ car without stalling it. I went inside and all the ladies were having lunch. I set up my machine in the back of the room. I finished Rebecca’s scarf and then worked on the Sudoku quilt. I had to rip out one block that I did yesterday, but otherwise it went well. I had a good time talking with the other women. Debbie wants to see my hexecontahedron. Lauri will pick me up at 11 on Monday, and Sheryl wants me to come over on Thursday. By 4:30 I was packed and ready to go. I went home to change cars and have a really quick bite to eat. I was at church by 5, I think. Art was just setting up the chairs. There was only one service and we were able to count in less than an hour. It worked out perfectly the first time. After he left, I called Tamara. She and her daughter came over. I meant to give her swatches back, but I could not find them in my purse. I placed an order for king size blue sheets and queen size white sheets (for the bed in Korea). Then I placed the Pokemon folders in the youth room for Heather to find. I also found the second box of fabric and stuck it in the back of my car. It was heavy. I went home to have supper. The mailman was delivering the mail as I drove up. Then I went out to mow inside the fence. As I was mowing under the tree, the blade hit a root and somehow jumped up and sliced into the motor housing. It took some effort to dislodge it. But then the slice of housing was hanging down just enough that the blade could not miss it. Frustration! I had to fix it ‘cause I did not want to buy a new mower for just a few months use. And the riding mower would not fit inside the fence. I could not get the plastic parts off to fix it from the inside. It seemed like most of the screws were stripped. So I came up with a plan to drive a nail perpendicular to the housing and run a wire from one end to the other catching the sliced part. It was very hard to do because there wasn’t room to swing a hammer or use the drill as a screwdriver. I even took off the blades but it didn’t help that much. I drilled a hole on each side and tried to connect them. I guess it eventually worked. But then I had trouble getting the blade back on so it wasn’t wobbly. And when I was finished, and thought I could go back to mowing, the mower sounded funny as it started up, like it was hitting something. I turned it over in front of a mirror so I could see what was happening. Only it was too fast. I ran my hand around and had to scrape dried grass off to give best clearance. I think the center shaft got bent. Anyway, it was dark when I decided I had done all I could do. I mowed anyway in spite of the sound. Then I put the mower up and cleaned up the pile of tools I had amassed during my efforts. I checked e-mail, and finished up the chocolate avocado pudding. Iatched an episode of X-Files, expecting Chris to call. He did not. I got an e-mail from Parker saying the closing did not happen today but is on schedule for tomorrow. Then it was time for bed.
* This is the large zucchini that Denise gave me *

No comments: